Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. What the doctor doesn't tell you

Name:  Fotolia_13718478_L.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  82.8 KB

What the doctor doesn't tell you.

For over 20 years I have suffered with a painful back to the point it became my normal mode of 'being', I knew no different. Each morning I would wake up feeling like I had been run over and dragged up the road and then left for dead. My body felt old, heavy and weary. As the day would progress this pain would assist me in feeling like everything was an effort, it formed the basis of my dreary moods and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Healing Powers of Plants and Their Importance for Our Health.

The healing powers of plants and their importance for our health

Plants are the basis and the source of all life on this planet. If you look around you, you will immediately realise that you are surrounded by plants in all their various forms and guises. From what we wear, what we eat, what our houses are made, even what gives us our guilty pleasure, like ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Blood Pressure and Your Health.

'You just need to have a realistic understanding of how limited a role the contents of your medicine cabinets play compared to the contents of your refrigerator'
    DR Michael Greger, MD

I was recently taken back by how many people did not know what constitutes a high blood pressure, and worse still what their blood pressure normally is. When I thought about it, I do ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Old V's New Medicine that people routinely suffer with

I often enjoy a good debate with my friends and colleagues on all sorts of issues, not least health and nutrition.

However, I was recently blown away by a throw away comment made by a friend. I was talking about the power of nutrition in healing many ailments that people commonly suffer with. Including digestive issues, skin conditions and bowel problems.

My point was that people often turn to their GP or over-the-counter medications before making basic changes to their ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. You've lost weight! How did you do it?

I am fascinated by the reactions I get when I answer the age old question, "You've lost weight, how did you do it?" Obviously, I am grateful people have noticed, but I am always intrigued by their reaction when I tell them my secret; I cut out sugar and ate whole foods.

I see the sparkle in their eyes diminish to a glazed, opaque version of what was once there. I feel like I have let them down, and find myself apologising that my answer wasn't more interesting. The recipients shoulders ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the OrganicallyPure privacy policy

Flag Counter