• Coconut Oil Pulling.

Have you heard about coconut oil pulling?

What is it?
    Oil pulling has been used primarily in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries, although sesame oil was used rather than coconut oil. This ancient Indian medicine was believed to cure a variety of illnesses. It is believed that areas of the tongue relate to organs within the body, the oil helps to draw out toxins, ease inflammation and soothe the organs.
    More recent research has suggested that oil pulling removes bacteria and promotes healthy teeth and gums.

How is it done?

Swishing a tablespoon of oil, preferably coconut oil around your mouth for 10 - 20 minutes.
    The time frame allows for toxins to be drawn out of the oral cavity.
    When finished, spit the oil in to a bin, and not down the sick (it can clog the plumbing system).
    When complete, brush your teeth as normal.
    A frequency of 3 - 4 times a week is recommended.

The benefits of oil pulling.

Comments 1 Comment
      Louise -
      I did try this, and I have to admit that (for me) 1x tablespoon of oil was too much to start with, I think it's something you have to build up to.
  • Health News

• Join Us

• External links

Holland & Barrett, the good life.

I Quit Sugar for Life: Your fad-free wholefood wellness code and cookbook.

Forks Over Knives.

The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health.

Healing Beyond Medicine: How self-empowerment, a raw vegan diet, and change of lifestyle can free us from sickness and disease.

Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the OrganicallyPure privacy policy

Flag Counter