Louise

This crazy world

Rate this Entry
Name:  54E95250-5BF8-4F6A-BBFB-EED30440AE2C.jpg
Views: 1885
Size:  14.1 KB

The year 2020 has been a crazy year and we are only 7 months into it, to predict the next 5 months would be worthy of a bet! Although my bet would be you will lose, it seems the coming months are impossible to predict. With societal, climate and financial changes occurring seemingly daily, living through these times almost seems a like a mugs game.

So why did I choose the beautiful, vibrant leaves of the Ginko Biloba tree to represent this blog? Quite simply, it is the oldest tree on the planet, and is said to be the only living thing to have survived the Hiroshima bomb! I think you may see my connection now

The beautiful Ginko Biloba tree has a spirit which we must muster, one of survival through great periods of change. In fact, it is only considered middle aged when it is about 300-500 years old, with some species living to 1000 years of age.

The slow place of its life and love for its natural surroundings means it has developed a commonality with us all during lockdown. During this time, those of us who could venture out into our gardens, patios, parks and countryside did so, in fact, humans turned to nature and felt better for it.

It seems we do have a natural inbuilt system that knows when, in times of stress, we should naturally turn to nature for our healing and wellbeing. We were told that sunshine will help boost our immunity through the development of vitamin D, and we quickly learned that being locked in, without a purpose affected our mental health.

Life is starting to come out of lockdown now and whilst I hoped that the collective would remember the importance of nature in our lives and to our psyche, I somehow fear this connection may be short lived. But one can dream!

If all else fails I can rest in the knowledge that while everything crumbles around me the Ginko Biloba tree will continue to plod its path through our existence with grace, fortitude and beauty. There is a lot we can learn from this beautiful tree.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This year has been terrible in so, so many ways, I’m actually dreading the following months, as I do not see a sudden resolve, only more heartache and disruption. We have yet to enter into the tornado and bush fire seasons, our winter months and second waves of Covid-19. I foresee civil wars in the US and unease between China and the rest of the world. And those are the things I can easily predict, I dread to think of the things I can’t.

But, like you my inner peace and tranquility has been found in the open spaces of nature, I get joy from watching the birds, that seem so carefree and distant from all the troubles humans have brought upon themselves. And we consider ourselves the intelligent species!!!
    I think that people have had the opportunity to take time out of their stressful lives, and now they are returning they are feeling the affects of that stress. Maybe in time, they will wake up to their stress and decide there has to be a better way and head back to the hills for some healing.
    I think that people have had the opportunity to take time out of their stressful lives, and now they are returning they are feeling the affects of that stress. Maybe in time, they will wake up to their stress and decide there has to be a better way and head back to the hills for some healing.
    I am undecided upon preferring the world pre-Covid or post-Covid there seems to be a clear difference in the temperance of people during this time frame, with seemingly the best time to observe the human race when at our best was when we were all locked up! Not really sure what to make of this and what nugget of wisdom to take away.

Or should I just be graceful like the Ginko Biloba tree and let the passing of time pass me by while I mind my own business ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera
    I am undecided upon preferring the world pre-Covid or post-Covid there seems to be a clear difference in the temperance of people during this time frame, with seemingly the best time to observe the human race when at our best was when we were all locked up! Not really sure what to make of this and what nugget of wisdom to take away.

Or should I just be graceful like the Ginko Biloba tree and let the passing of time pass me by while I mind my own business ?
    Vera, I think for the time being it’s worth being a tree, and let all of this craziness blow right past you.

I’m finding it all too stressful, I’ve given up looking at the news, it is just so negative and really brings you down.
    I actually enjoyed being in lockdown and the sense of camaraderie in my local community but I can imagine there are many thousands of people for which lockdown was horrendous. I used to be in a very abusive relationship and domestic violence went up so I can totally empathise with people who were forced to remain inside their own kind of hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westielover
    I actually enjoyed being in lockdown and the sense of camaraderie in my local community but I can imagine there are many thousands of people for which lockdown was horrendous. I used to be in a very abusive relationship and domestic violence went up so I can totally empathise with people who were forced to remain inside their own kind of hell.
    That is very sad to hear, I live alone and I have found it very isolating, I missed the human interaction and a hug!
    It seems since we have come out of lockdown I have heard of more cases of Covid than when we were in it. When is it going to end, are we going to keep locking down every time there are new cases? I think we need to take the necessary precautions to keep ourselves as safe as possible and just get on with it because this virus is not going anywhere!
    "What a captivating analogy! The Ginko Biloba tree's resilience amid challenges mirrors our journey through 2020. The call to reconnect with nature during lockdown is a poignant reminder of its healing power. As we emerge, let's carry this appreciation forward. The Ginko Biloba's grace and fortitude offer valuable lessons for us all."

Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the OrganicallyPure privacy policy

Flag Counter