Louise

Taking Organically Pure on tour

Rate this Entry
I have always been keen on travelling and visiting new places, seeing new cultures and seeing the world as it really is and not through the lens of the media. It is amazing how different the world is and the people are toward foreigners.

When my husband and I travel we try to be self sufficient, buying only fresh foods in the local villages or from road side sellers. We travel in our Toyota Landcruiser 80’s series which doubles up as our accommodation while we are away.

This year we altered the vehicle to accommodate sleeping facilities in the back, with the vague hope would be able to travel to far flung places this year. Covid-19 seems to have put a stop to that idea. So, instead we took a quick overnight stay wild camping in the woods.

Here is a quick video introducing our Landcruiser and taking the updated version on its maiden voyage.

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That doesn’t look very big for long distant travelling, how long do you go for, and do you take a trailer?
    Did you guys build that yourself?
    Missing visiting Morocco this year, I’m not sure how long the travel restrictions will go on for! Here is a video from one of our overnight camping spots. Visits from camels, just doing there thing - beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar
    Did you guys build that yourself?
    yes, we cut the back off, from the back seats and had the pod built in Germany, it was just a blank canvass for us to finish as we wished. It has been a work in progress and may require further alteration over time. But it is all hand made and custom built.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noella
    That doesn’t look very big for long distant travelling, how long do you go for, and do you take a trailer?
    we go for 3 weeks at a time, due to family and work commitments, and no, we don’t take a trailer. If we can’t carry it in what we have, it doesn’t come!
    What sort of food do you take with you, have you got a fridge or cool box in there?
    We have a tiny fridge, big enough to chill a couple of 500ml water bottles. So fresh food is sought on the day and eaten on the day. Generally we take food like porridge for breakfast snacks and nuts for lunch and a curry and rice for tea. Very simple foods with strong flavours to keep the palate happy! Snacks include dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts and seeds.

when we travel through Morocco the different time periods brings us different fresh foods, of course they are world famous for their dates, but apples, oranges, pomegranate, onions, and water melon can all be easily obtained along the roadsides.
    At least you can keep some drinking water cool then. It must be amazing to eat the local fruits and foods and by not taking your own food you are more inclined to try something new?
    Interesting vlog do you drive the truck too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee
    Interesting vlog do you drive the truck too?
    Yes, I have done, but mainly I am a passenger and just enjoy the location and the culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanel5
    At least you can keep some drinking water cool then. It must be amazing to eat the local fruits and foods and by not taking your own food you are more inclined to try something new?
    we do take enough food to sustain ourselves in the event that fresh, local produce is not available, but we do like to buy locally where possible.
    This is a small view of the parts of Morocco we love, there is just nature

Quote Originally Posted by Louise
    we do take enough food to sustain ourselves in the event that fresh, local produce is not available, but we do like to buy locally where possible.
    I bet it’s heavy to drive? Where do you plan to go to next?
    What do you do about fuel, if you go off road for a longer period of time than you anticipated do you have a spare tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben17
    What do you do about fuel, if you go off road for a longer period of time than you anticipated do you have a spare tank?
    We have plans to revisit Morocco and travel to Mongolia, a beautiful country, I cannot wait to travel around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise
    We have plans to revisit Morocco and travel to Mongolia, a beautiful country, I cannot wait to travel around.
    We plan our routes very carefully, but always carry extra fuel with us. Plans for the future is to get an additional fuel tank installed.

Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the OrganicallyPure privacy policy

Flag Counter