Louise

Travelling light

Rate this Entry
Travelling light wherever you go is always a skill, but when travelling away for an extended time, with little to no luggage space, and no washing facilities travelling light suddenly becomes an art!

I was introduced to Merino wool by my husband, but in true wedded bliss style, I completely ignored my husbands higher knowledge of packing! Until one day I succumb to a vest! After that, I quickly became a fan, followed by obsessed. And no the majority of my clothing is Merino wool in one form or another, including woolly pants!

Here is a video telling you more

Comments

Ha ha great vlog loved your tips on travelling light thanks for sharing
    What do you use to wash your clothes or do you just take enough for a change of clothes each day? I like the look of these but have to say £35 for the woolly pants was a bit pricey so I might just go without!
    £35 for pants! They saw you coming!

Great video, entertaining and it was interesting to see how thin those clothes are yet, you say they keep you warm!
    I take it you travel with other clothes, maybe in another video you could go through some of your equipment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Westielover
    What do you use to wash your clothes or do you just take enough for a change of clothes each day? I like the look of these but have to say £35 for the woolly pants was a bit pricey so I might just go without!
    I was my clothes with a soap bar when ever we get near running water, obviously I make sure the soap bar is non-toxic to the environment.

No, my clothes are worn for days on end, I may mix and match them around a bit to give them an airing, but otherwise, they can and do get worn for up to 10 days at a time before washing. My pants do get changed daily, you will be pleased to hear!
    Merino wool is fab, it is ultra warm and because it is so thin it layers up really well. It dries almost instantaneously too.
    Merino wool is usually prone to shrinkage, I take it there is no problem with that? Do travel in the winter or is it a summer hobby?
    Do you have a skin care routine whilst away? I would need to cleanse my face but do you take wipes? How do you wash your face? I would imagine if you are travelling in a hot dry place your skin would get pretty clogged up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee
    Merino wool is usually prone to shrinkage, I take it there is no problem with that? Do travel in the winter or is it a summer hobby?
    My merino wool vest have never shrunk or changed shape, they’ve always been the most reliable item of clothing in my cupboard.
    It looks like it is worth investing in a good quality item and it then lasts. I don’t mind investing if it doesn’t need replacing after a few weeks because it’s shrunk!

Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the OrganicallyPure privacy policy

Flag Counter