Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: burning mouth syndrome

Blog Entries
    Nellie G,

I have to admit that I wasn't aware of probiotic toothpaste, but it makes sense.

We would welcome your feedback from anything you try Nellie G, as this may help someone else suffering this same condition.

Have you tried Fennel seeds or Cayenne pepper? Both of these naturally stimulate the production of saliva.

Sprinkle onto salads or dishes. You can take the cayenne pepper in capsule form or rub directly onto your tongue

Green People do a fennel toothpaste for £3.80, I'm not sure if this has the same effect, it may be worth a try.

Parsley is very good at combating the bacteria that leads to dry mouth syndrome. Try adding fresh parsley to some of your dishes daily. Cherries are also known to be beneficial for dry mouth, when choosing your cherries, pick those with the darkest colour, to maximise the health benefits.

Oh speaking of mouth symptom, can anyone help me out with oral thrush? I'm frustrated with this annoying symptom. Have anyone got any idea about this?

Oral thrush is as a result of an over growth in Candida, this is caused by the bad bugs in your stomach overtaking the good bugs. Have you tried 'Candigone', you can get it off Amazon, it is not organic, but it is natural. It is a two week course and very good. Hope you feel better soon.

I get dry mouth symptoms intermittently, mainly after I've drank wine the day before. It's a weird type of dry, not like lack of thirst, or waking up in the morning.

It doesn't seem to matter what I drink, I can't overcome the dryness. For me I find that it wears of after a few days, so it doesn't cause me too many problems.

I think it is interesting to see info coming out about gut flora and the connection to out mouth health...which makes sense.

I saw this thread while browsing through the forum, but didn't comment before as I know nothing about dry mouth syndrome or burning mouth syndrome.

I was in a high street chemist yesterday, in the vitamin section and came across a variety of products for dry eyes, dry nose, dry mouth and it reminded my of this thread.

What I am wondering is how come suddenly there is a need to produce these products and make them so readily available in the shops? This would suggest that this phenomenon is becoming more mainstream and common. But why?
    Our bodies aren't designed to dry up before our time, surely it is an indication of something going drastically wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    Our bodies aren't designed to dry up before our time, surely it is an indication of something going drastically wrong?
    It is due to the damage in our gut flora, the toxins and chemicals we consume. Sort your gut flora out and you will find that the symptoms ease.

The problem is that all the products they are selling you will just compound the issue, but offer short term relief.