Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is kinesiology?

I too had chiropractic treatment once and there was an element of this involved. It did work, although I see why an outsider looking in can think it can't work.

Do you have to have something wrong with you to have this treatment? Is it possible to have wellbeing treatments?

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    Okay, I appreciate those people who want to believe in this, but isn't this mind over matter? How can vials on a stomach tell the practitioner if the energy is improved because of them?
    Hi. I'm a kinesiologist and have been practicing for the last 12 years. I get this question a lot! To answer simply, we turn to physics. All objects emit its own electromagnetic frequency, with the exception of objects at absolute zero. And because the human body is an open system, rather than closed (meaning it's constantly interacting with its environment) we can measure the body's response to different stimuli using neuro-reaction tests such as kinesiology or muscle testing.

Quote Originally Posted by love2shop View Post
    I too had chiropractic treatment once and there was an element of this involved. It did work, although I see why an outsider looking in can think it can't work.

Do you have to have something wrong with you to have this treatment? Is it possible to have wellbeing treatments?
    It is absolutely possible to have wellbeing treatments! It's preferred in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by phuongcwk View Post
    It is absolutely possible to have wellbeing treatments! It's preferred in fact!
    What would be the point of wellbeing treatments? To keep the body in tip top condition? Can this therapy treat psychological ailments as well as physical?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire View Post
    What would be the point of wellbeing treatments? To keep the body in tip top condition? Can this therapy treat psychological ailments as well as physical?
    I cannot speak for other practitioners, but for me as a kinesiologist, it's most exciting when your client can go from struggling with ailments (large and small) toward more groundedness and peace, growth and evolution on a personal level. The type of kinesiology that I practice does have a stress management element and through this I have seen clients transform their lives. Going from 'Surviving to Thriving' as we use to say in the clinic I worked

I really like the concept of supporting and wellness. for too long our health system and our mentality has been focused on treating illness once it has occurred. It seems that the idea of preventing illness appears to be a new concept in Western society, although this has been a long held belief in Eastern society I believe.

Which I guess is where this therapy originates?