Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is kinesiology?

What is kinesiology?

Hello, Excuse my ignorance, but what is Kinesiology and what does it treat?

From what I understand, the Kinesiology therapist tests your muscles. The idea is that imbalances in your body show up in the muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi001 View Post
    The idea is that imbalances in your body show up in the muscles.
    That is much like acupuncture? So, how is it different, and what do they do when they find the imbalances?
    Is it like in Chinese medicine where a pain in your shoulder is caused by a wonky foot, or something?

Kinesiology uses the same principles as Chinese acupuncture.

The body relies on energy flow and it uses this energy to structure itself and function. When there is an imbalance in this system the energy doesn't flow, leading to ill health and functional problems.

Ill health rarely occurs suddenly, there is usually a build-up of stress; that may be physical, mental or emotional, it is this that leads to an imbalance.

The healing effects of kinesiology can be cumulative and benefits can be experienced for day, weeks and even months following a session.

I saw this and thought I would share it. I have not had kinesiology myself, but I have a friend who has, and believes strongly that it has helped her.

Blog Entries
    I found this on You Tube and found it to be fascinating. See what you think.

Blog Entries
    ....And this one, I am intrigued by this art form, and will definitely be trying this out to see how my own health can be benefit from it. I think it is all the fine hand'finger movements that have me compelled to find out more.

Wow! I know what you mean Louise, I too became transfixed on the hand movements. It's very strange and while I can't possibly see how it works, on some level I find myself believing that it does work.

Did the women really feel some benefit, or did they feel they should say they did because of the environment they were in?

Blog Entries
    I do know what you mean CharlieH. What I will say is that during my Chiropractic treatment I had forms of kinesiology, and I used to laugh at the things the practitioner did, because visually they don't look like they would do anything, yet they worked a treat.

So, I believe away, until you can prove otherwise.

Okay, I appreciate those people who want to believe in this, but isn't this mind over matter? How can vials on a stomach tell the practitioner if the energy is improved because of them?