Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by guv-ner View Post
    the success of the negation hinges on whether we allow free movement of people. That seems to be the only thing people care about.
    I think the free movement of people is inevitable, the world is changing and resources are scarce, war is rampant and as a result people are moving away from their land to find a better life. Given the same circumstances, most people in this country would do the same. It is a fact we should learn to live with a find a way to make it work.

I think this ties up two threads beautifully

Has anyone seen this? https://www.rt.com/uk/366132-eu-brex...y-citizenship/

I think it is a great idea, that way everyone is happy, those that wanted to stay in Europe and those that didn't.

The EU is about to collapse anyway, this is just the EU grabbing at straws. The problem is, they cant make it too easy for us, otherwise there will be a mass exodus by other EU nations.

Personally, I think this is a great idea, I think its the best of both worlds.

The way the world is going, I think we should keep our options wide open.

Blog Entries
    It will be interesting to watch how Ms Le Pen changes the French vote, and the subsequent fall out of that. The media suggests she is intreagued by the Brexit and Trump votes and the changing psyche in the Western world.

It looks like the USA has had their Brexit moment too, it'll be France next.

I think Le Penn will throw a spanner in the works, within the EU, and therefore the EU will have to think long and hard about its future tactics with all countries in or out of the EU.
    If France eventually votes to leave, then the cards will definitely tumble and the EU will be no more. The people are sick of Unity' at the price it currently stands at. That is clear to see in both the UK and the USA.

I think that there are unofficial talks going on all the time. It seems that according to the general public (media) the success of the negation hinges on whether we allow free movement of people. That seems to be the only thing people care about.
    The free movement of people was the deciding factor for Brexit, and that worked both ways. It is important, the free movement of people may have brought us problems, but it also helped build our country.
    I hate to use the old adage, but foreign workers have plugged the gap in the jobs market that our own workers do not want to fill.

I think any future negotiations should include movement of people, not necessarily free, but a controlled version.