Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brexit

I see Tony Blair is wading back into politics, with the hope to save the country from Brexit. What state is the Labour Party in to allow this man back in to represent them!

Why does the Labour party have to be in a state? He was a good prime minister, if you take out the small issue of war. On home affairs he was as good as anyone else.
    Maybe, he has a lot to offer....with hindsight and all that!

I read he wants to bring the public a second referendum, doesn't this mean he as lost touch with reality? The public voted to leave the EU, you can't keep have referendums until you get the answer you want.

Dale42, I don't think it is acceptable to belittle war, many people have died for the decisions that government makes, Blair is no accept ion to these decisions and should be punished for the decision he made, incorrectly.

There seems to be a lot of scare mongering going on in the press now-a-days. The latest suggesting universities may have to close as a result of Brexit.
    I do wonder if this is all building up to a huge turn around by MP's.

Lifesaball, you are confusing my sarcasm as my belittling of War, quite the contrary. War is a huge deal, and for that and our reasoning to enter into a war, which I feel is still ongoing today, and has led our shores to be a target for ISIS. Tony Blair should be held accountable for his decisions, and not be allowed to be in such an import position of office again.

It looks like Tony Blair is going to get the votes for a U-Turn on Brexit.

I'm convinced there are plans in place, pawns to manoeuvre to stop us leaving The EU.
    All the attics are there for all to see, Blair moves in, calls for a general election, Blair gets re-instated, cancels Brexit.

It would have to be something pretty elaborate for them to find a way out of Brexit, the country wouldn't allow the democratic voice to be overturned.

I read that the Lib Dems are suggesting that they will offer the opportunity of a second referendum once the Brexit deal has been bashed out, if the voters decide that they don't like it, then we will get to stay in the EU....err

What makes him/them think that after two years of negotiations, huge costs etc that the EU will just say...oh alright then..stay! And let's just say they did, it would not be on the same terms we once had.

I think anyone that votes for Lib dems on the premise of these promises foolish and naive.

I think my previous posts have been wishful thinking, and to be honest, I think even if there were to be another referendum regarding Brexit, we have to ask the question whether the EU would agree to us staying with them. I'm sure if that were the case we would have a different set of agreements.