Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair removal

Hair removal

Has anyone any experience, or know anyone who has the Phillips Lumea? it is a gadget that uses IPL technology to reduce unwanted hair on the body and face.

It is expensive at about £350, I would love to have some feedback on whether it is worth the money.

I have paid for laser in the past and found it successful, but you have to maintain it and it works out expensive.

My mother has one of these, albeit the older generation, I believe there are new models now. She thinks it is great, and enjoys the fact she can take some control over her hair problems.
    She now has baby smooth armpits.

Thanks Dannij for the reply, is it painful? And what time frame can you declare you are fuzz free?

It seems very expensive for something to remove hair, surely there are cheaper ways to de-fuzz. What are the long term affects of IPL on skin?

My dentist had a hair laser therapist. I gave it a try, but it wasn't for me, I found it expensive, painful and not that successful.
    I felt like I had been flicked with a rubber band multiple times. stick with shaving it's far cheaper and less painful.

Have you looked for second hand versions on eBay? This may be a way of giving it a go without the outlay.

Why don't you buy one and rent it out for mini sessions to friends? That way you'll get some money back and your friends are getting a very cheap therapy without the outlay?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by love2shop View Post
    Has anyone any experience, or know anyone who has the Phillips Lumea? it is a gadget that uses IPL technology to reduce unwanted hair on the body and face.

It is expensive at about £350, I would love to have some feedback on whether it is worth the money.

I have paid for laser in the past and found it successful, but you have to maintain it and it works out expensive.
    Hi, Did you buy the Phillips lumea in the end?

There seems to be a lot of these on the market now, but it seems you have to have dark hair, but not dark skinned for the product to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Hi, Did you buy the Phillips lumea in the end?
    I went with Rainbow's idea in the end, I now own one and my friends pop over and share it for a small fee, this has help to recover some of the cost.

I have to say, it does work it gets rid of hair, BUT only for a few months, the areas you are working require a few top up session from time to time.
    It's not painful and I would recommend anyone suffering with a hair problem to go out and buy one.