Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depression

Blog Entries
    I have posted another article which may provide some understanding into how diet can play a huge part in recovering from depression.

Please feel free to comment.

https://www.organicallypure.co.uk/fo...-there-is-hope

Thanks for the replies, I saw the article, I have started to incorporate some of the foods. But, what kind of time frame should I start to see a difference?

I find that my mood is more stable and generally lifted if I have brown rice 2-3 times a week. I think it must be the B-vitamins

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I wondered if there are any tried and tested foods, supplements without going down the classic anti-depressant route?

What are people’s experiences of their journey through depression?

Depression is a clinical diagnosis and in my opinion there is no food that can alleviate symptoms but cutting out alcohol and large amounts of sugar helps.

I suffer from depression and it is an ongoing low mood over months and years and no amount of change in diet can change clinical depression. I do get very cross when people say they are depressed when in actual fact they have had a bad week and are feeling low, it is totally different to a feeling of complete emptiness and a desire to die! I know that sounds dramatic but it’s true

An update, I’ve also noticed that since being on antidepressants my memory worsened, initially I was told that was the depression, but a quick internet search and it seems common knowledge that antidepressants can affect your ability to recall information, or get easily confused.

My Nephew is struggling with this at the moment, old issues have come to the surface, seemingly out of no where, it’s been heartbreaking watching him suffer, but I suggested multi-vitamin and mineral, with additional vit D and vitamin B complex.

It took about 6-8 weeks but the benefits are really starting to show and he managing to cope with the every day bits now, he still struggles to venture into society, but he’s getting there. I’m convinced the supplements are making a difference.

Depression seems to be rampant these days, everyone I speak to seems to be on an antidepressant, I do question if the tablets are needed and whether it really was a clinical depression diagnosis, or the person is just going through a period of stress in their lives!

These tablets are known for making people dependant on them and I think they dumb people down!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Depression seems to be rampant these days, everyone I speak to seems to be on an antidepressant, I do question if the tablets are needed and whether it really was a clinical depression diagnosis, or the person is just going through a period of stress in their lives!

These tablets are known for making people dependant on them and I think they dumb people down!
    They are incredibly hard to wean yourself off them as well. I had a family member who went into a bad place mentally, but didn’t want to take anti-depressants. We used high doses of vitamin D and complex vitamin B and this seem to do the trick in helping to lift the mood.