Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG - the dreaded menopause

OMG - the dreaded menopause

I think I am in the early throws of the menopause, pre-menopause. I am more irritable and less tolerant than ever and feel so much more tired at everyday tasks.

has anyone been through this and have any snippets of wisdom?

I am well into my Menopause ,i never had hot flushes ,but had very dry skin and Anxiety ,just going out sometimes seemed like the end of the
    world i went to my Doctor but got no joy if i had been at the start of the Journey,i would have HRT or anything that helps and make the Doctors listen to you ,and start Living again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellie G View Post
    I am well into my Menopause ,i never had hot flushes ,but had very dry skin and Anxiety ,just going out sometimes seemed like the end of the
    world i went to my Doctor but got no joy if i had been at the start of the Journey,i would have HRT or anything that helps and make the Doctors listen to you ,and start Living again.
    Gosh, that's quite a depressing thought. With such a common complaint, I would have thought the doctors would be eager to help with a bag full of tricks to get women through this difficult time.

My mum used to use black cohosh, she found it quite good for the hot flushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannij View Post
    Gosh, that's quite a depressing thought. With such a common complaint, I would have thought the doctors would be eager to help with a bag full of tricks to get women through this difficult time.
    You'd like to think that the doctors would be more on the ball and considerate to such a common complaint, but it doesn't seem so. I think the view is that it is a natural progression of ageing. It seems we should just get on with it.

Keep going back to your doctor if you are not happy with the treatment you are offered.
    There are a lot of herbal remedies available, menopace being one of them. I recommend this one.

My friend has started her menopause journey and found the sleepless nights due to hot flushes unbearable. So she tried Maca powder capsules and hasn't looked back.

I've heard so many horror stories about the menopause and multiple remedies, but I wondered if anyone has actually tried any of the successfully.

Megan, I didnt realise Maca powder was for woman, I thought it was for men. I've had a little look into it and have found a product on amazon with a good rating and only £12, so not such a loss if they don't work.

I wonder if they are only beneficial to those with hot flushes though, my main problem is 'nagginess', I'm driving myself mad, and my own grumpiness is making me more grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by lifesaball View Post
    I've heard so many horror stories about the menopause and multiple remedies, but I wondered if anyone has actually tried any of the successfully.

Megan, I didnt realise Maca powder was for woman, I thought it was for men. I've had a little look into it and have found a product on amazon with a good rating and only £12, so not such a loss if they don't work.

I wonder if they are only beneficial to those with hot flushes though, my main problem is 'nagginess', I'm driving myself mad, and my own grumpiness is making me more grumpy
    Have you tried 'Rescue Remedy? It can take the edge of the nagginess and help you to get through your day without chewing people's heads off. It's part of the Bach's flower remedies range, but you need to take it throughout the day, especially at times you feel particularly Naggy, it needs to build up into your system.

I have been very clean with my eating lately, off all dairy and wheat etc, and as a result my hormones have been really stable and a joy to have around.

This month has be a different story and suddenly all my hormonal symptoms have come back to bug me. So, I have had a think about what has changed with my diet. I don't recall having any dairy, but I have had to succumb to the occasional wheat due to 'special occasions' and generally out of my control events. I have also been having some hummus and now I'm starting to wonder if it the chick peas, is it right they have an affect on hormones?

I'm not sure, but I wanted to highlight how closely related our hormones are to our diet, so if you are struggling, it might be worth playing around with your diet, and be experiemental. Don't make too many changes at once otherwise you won't know what was the most effective change.

Hi, You are right to question the chickpeas, they can have an effect on your hormones if you eat enough of them. I'll try and put a link in to an article.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/55...-and-hormones/

This basically suggest that chickpeas affects the oestrogen levels, which may be a cause for your hormone symptoms.