Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acne

Honey is supposed to be a natural antiseptic and healer, try it on your skin.

The problem with honey is that your skin warms it ip and it starts to slide, making a mess. You are better to mix it with some oats or something.

The essential oil Rose, is supposed to be very calming on the face.

What about blackhead? Does anyone get this annoying problem?

Quote Originally Posted by lucymc View Post
    HI Lucymc, I did suffer from blackheads from time to time and also from enlarged pores. Here is an old fashioned suggestion to help clear the blackheads...

Try Baking soda, a staple in any kitchen. Baking soda is great for getting rid of blackheads, it has an antiseptic quality and acts as an exfoliant to scrub away dead cells.
    Because it helps to neutralise the skins pH, it encourages the skin to produce less oil, helping it to maintain a spot free appearance without drying the skin.

- Mix baking soda with a little water to form a paste

- Apply to the affected area, and allow to dry for about 10 minutes

- Rinse with warm water and apply your usual moisturiser

- Repeat once or twice a week.

Have you tried lemon juice?

It contains Alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) which is a natural astringent, it removes dead skin cells and helps to unclog pores. It is rich in vitamin C which stimulates collagen to improve overall skin health.

I normally cut a thin slice and wipe it all over my face, leave it to dry for as long as you want, then wash off with warm water when ready.

As for me, I highly recommend you try out green tea. This is an amazing product. It gives you unbelievable effects. Mix about 1 tablespoon green tea powder with water into a viscous paste, then scrub on acne skin for 2-3 minutes then rinse with warm water. The antioxidants from green tea will help cleanse oily skin and open pores for blackheads quickly. Green tea doesn't give much acids as lemon juice. So If you apply this method, you don't have to worry about getting your face thinner skin. I only use green tea as the best result. Good luck

I read in the mango article than mushed mango applied to the skin is very beneficial for unblocking pores, which will lead to a decrease is blackheads and acne.

It also benefits your skin when eaten

I have recently been suffering from hormonal acne, which seems to last around 10 days (if i'm lucky), Changing my diet to cut out all bread and gluten products really seem to make a difference, with breakouts becoming quite rare.

Maybe a strict change in diet may offer some relief and then very gradually re-introduce food types to find out if diet is playing a big role in your acne.

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    I found out today that Zinc is excellent for acne, and general skin conditions. Add some pumpkin seeds in your diet.
    Hi Sophie,

Your suggestion was such a simple change to make, so I started to take some pumpkin and sunflower seeds to work and I munch on them throughout my day and now my acne seems so much more manageable. Great suggestion, thank you