Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There is something in this form of medicine

Looking at the five elements, let’s say for example ‘lung’ does Chinese medicine suggest that the ‘lung’ impacts on all of those other things in the grey circle? It’s very confusing, and how can the ‘lung’ affect Autumn?

Quote Originally Posted by Caree View Post
    Looking at the five elements, let’s say for example ‘lung’ does Chinese medicine suggest that the ‘lung’ impacts on all of those other things in the grey circle? It’s very confusing, and how can the ‘lung’ affect Autumn?
    Wow, even your question has fried my brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Caree View Post

So, I can explain parts of it, but not all. the lung element as you refer to is also known as Metal, this represents Autumn. Autumn is all about letting go of things, closing one chapter and allowing another to open, this is seen in nature during Autumn. The lungs represent purity at this time, breathing in the new and expelling the old, and the colon is also represented as getting rid on things that we don’t need. This element is all about cleansing, off loading and letting go, this is true for the grief process, also within this element.

Thank you Colette that is really helpful, I won’t lie, some of it remains a little confusing, but I can understand how the elements are linked. I like the fact the the Chinese look at the human as a whole, but also consider the seasons and the direct affect the environment has on the individual.

So, looking at the five elements, is the idea that you follow that element for the season you are in? Or if you have a lung problem do you follow the element for the lung?

Referring to the OP, I think it would be very unusual for a practice of medicine to last thousands of years for there not to be any substance to it! It has certainly outlived any Western form of medicine!