Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There is something in this form of medicine

There is something in this form of medicine

I declare that I know nothing about Chinese medicine, but I am fascinated by alternative medicine.

Whenever I have aches or pains, rashes and bumps I always Google Chinese medicine and 'rash' (for example) and I see what the connecting philosophy is and aim to treat that, and bingo. It does the trick.

So for example, facial acne is linked to stomach heat, this means that your digestion is not functioning properly. So if you looked after your digestion you would find your acne starts to improve.

I read somewhere that a build up of wax in your ears is linked to your kidneys (in Chinese medicine), so whenever I have a lot of ear wax I always see it as an indication I am not drinking enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
    I read somewhere that a build up of wax in your ears is linked to your kidneys (in Chinese medicine), so whenever I have a lot of ear wax I always see it as an indication I am not drinking enough.
    Interesting...does the extra fluid reduce the wax?

Quote Originally Posted by love2shop View Post
    Interesting...does the extra fluid reduce the wax?
    I suppose it makes sense in the fact that the dryer you are, the thicker your body secreations will be, resulting in your ear wax becoming more of a problem.

If you are dry, your kidneys will be affected.

There must be something in it, it has served the largest population of people on the planet for many years, and they have a good health record compared to other countries.

Yeah, but we are led to think its the work of the devil in this country and strangely we just seem to go along with it without questioning it.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't agree with some of the substances used within Chinese medicine, for example shark fins, but I think to ignore the concept of Chinese medicine just because their use of animals does not fit in with our own culture is ludicrous.

The term Chinese medicine covers quite a range, which bit are you talking about? Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Tai chi, qi gong, herbs or the five elements?

Qi gong, isn't that a board game?

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    The term Chinese medicine covers quite a range, which bit are you talking about? Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Tai chi, qi gong, herbs or the five elements?
    I didn't think beyond the terminology of Chinese medicine, I forgot it is an umbrella term for many different types. I'm not actually sure which speciality my OP fits into, I just remember reading how the Chinese believe that everything is linked up. Maybe five elements or the principles of acupuncture.

I've never heard of qi gong, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jade26 View Post
    I've never heard of qi gong, what is it?
    Hi, qi gong is a 3000 year old form of healing, it is a gentle form of exercise that has a repetitive sequence to it.
    It is said to aid muscle suppleness, increase bodily fluid movement and promote mental clarity.

This 10 minute video may give you some idea of qi gong