Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: weight loss tips

weight loss tips

My first thread, I thought I would start with an easy one.

My weight loss tip is walking, and lots of it. Any sort of walking, most people can do it, and any fitness level. You'll find that very quickly you build up stamina, strength, lung capacity and feel the weight come off.

Make the walks interesting, do different walks, follow known walking routes, or join a walking group. The weight will drop off effortlessly, and your body shape will change.

keep a diary of what you eat for the first couple of weeks, maybe the week before you start dieting and a couple of weeks after.
    It helps you to see where your problem areas are, and makes you realise how much you actually do eat.

Drink a large glass of water 30 minutes before eating your meal, this will help you to eat less, by making you feel full quicker.

Make sure the most of your food come from vegetables, and eat these first, filling you up. You're less likely to over eat and the less beneficial foods. (works for me)

Blog Entries
    Some great tips

As a general rule I would say that balancing out your blood sugar levels if fundamental to Weightloss. Eating a balanced plant based diet will keep you feeling satiated for longer.

Hi
    Is this plenty of fruit and veg,I get a very bloated tummy x

Hi Debbie, I see this is your first post, welcome.

A plant based diet, one that consists of fruit, vegetables, pulses, whole grains, nuts and seeds is most beneficial, although I hear that a lot of people complain of getting a bloated tummy after eating these foods, this may be due to many reasons, for example, IBS, food combining and poor digestion.

Hi Debbie,

Have you tried Aloe Vera juice? its amazing for sorting out that bloating.

Another top tip, eat slowly. Allow the time for the stomach to talk to the brain. The slower you eat the less you eat before your stomach realises you're full.

My top tip....reduce your reliance on processed food