Thread: Article: Depression: There is hope.

Blog Entries

Article: Depression; There is hope.

Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Excellent article, I think depression and anxiety had to be attacked from several angles, diet, exercise, vitamins and taking care of your mental wellbeing by giving yourself quiet time to relax.

Today's lifestyle puts huge demands on us emotionally, physically and financially. This in turn takes its toll on our mental health.

I am guilty of eating all the wrong foods and I have noticed my moods are better in the summer when I eat more summer fruits and enjoy sitting in the sunshine.

I am most unhappy in the winter when there is little sunlight and I crave potatoes and stodgy foods.

It has taken me many years to understand my emotions but I feel much better and know that during the winter months I must take supplements if I don't eat a balanced healthy diet.

One thing I love is bananas and as these increase tryptophan and serotonin I shall eat more of those. Keep up the fabulous site, it is insightful and resourceful and my new 'go to' place for innovative and current information regarding health and diet.

Blog Entries
    Hi Jules, thank you for your very personal and open comment. I am sure many people will resonate with your experiences and take comfort that there is hope. Never give up trying to lessen the symptoms and free yourself of this terrible, life changing condition.
    I hope you incorporate some of the foods in the article and you find your happy place.
    Please feel free to contribute to the depression thread in the forums under Health conditions'.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Hi Jules, thank you for your very personal and open comment. I am sure many people will resonate with your experiences and take comfort that there is hope. Never give up trying to lessen the symptoms and free yourself of this terrible, life changing condition.
    I hope you incorporate some of the foods in the article and you find your happy place.
    Please feel free to contribute to the depression thread in the forums under Health conditions'.
    Thank you Louise, I have suffered with depression for over 20 years and have read every self help book in the shops! I can only reiterate what I have already said and that is there is a multiple approach needed and along with your diet and exercise you really must take time to just reflect and slow down a little.

Having changed my diet many years ago following a bout of depression that I didn't seem to overcome, I found that I started to lift out of the depression. At first I didn't relate my improvm not to my diet, but once my eating habits got cleaner, I noticed if I slipped back into my old ways, my depression returned. Now, I eat 85% clean, whole food diet, but allow myself the odd treat for special occasions, birthdays etc.
    As a result I feel much better and managed to save myself from the long road onto and off of anti-depressants.