Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reiki experience

Reiki experience

Has anyone tried Reiki, I am interested in this 'hands on healing' but, I'm not sure if it is an expensive 'chill out' session or whether there really is something in it.

I would be interested to hear from someone who has experienced it.

I did try this once, and came away feeling very relaxed and calm. But I cant honestly say, it did much else. If I had lay in the room, listening to the music and smelt the lovely incense, would I come away equally relaxed? who knows.

Well, I had my first session a week ago. I didn't go with a specific ailment in mind, but a general overall wellbeing benefit.

I went being a mixture of sceptical and hopeful in one, and came away feeling very relaxed and calm. I think it was the calmness that was the most intense feeling. It wasn't like have a massage, but a different type of relaxation, almost like a peace came over me, and this did last for some time. It is too early (being only one session) to say if I had any health benefits.

I would go again, and then decide if it is for me in the long run.

isn't it a lot of money just to feel relaxed? why dont you just turn your bedroom into a mini relaxation room, music, candles, nice smells etc, and just lie down in some warm covers for 1 hour, you will wake feel refreshed and vibrant, and better off.

I've seen you tube videos showing you how to become a reiki practitioner in 10 minutes

Doesn't that suggest it is a bit of a gimmick?

Isn't it about energy fields?

I've booked my first session

I have pondered on the idea of this therapy for a while now, but my belief in its ability to work has waxed and waned a bit. But after reading a book about energies, I have finally come to the belief that it has the possibility to work. Maybe belief is all you need!

I'll feed back to you about my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Jones View Post
    Well, I had my first session a week ago. I didn't go with a specific ailment in mind, but a general overall wellbeing benefit.

I went being a mixture of sceptical and hopeful in one, and came away feeling very relaxed and calm. I think it was the calmness that was the most intense feeling. It wasn't like have a massage, but a different type of relaxation, almost like a peace came over me, and this did last for some time. It is too early (being only one session) to say if I had any health benefits.

I would go again, and then decide if it is for me in the long run.
    I'm currently on a bit of a health kick at the moment, so along with some other changes in my life, I decided to give Reiki another go, and post Christmas, I'm so pleased I did, I do feel a real sense of calm post visits. I still think it's too early and maybe too subtle to say I feel healed, and that maybe due to the fact I just wanted to feel well, in tip top condition.

Exactly how is it meant to affect our health?

Hi Daisy82, We are all beings of energy that flows, sometimes this energy gets stuck for numerous reasons. Reiki, much like acupuncture is about allowing the flow of energy by clearing away the stagnant areas causing us problems. Reiki practitioners are not healers in themselves, they are channels in which the universal energy can pass to help re-energise us and clear away problems.

This is why they don't have to touch you (hands off) therapy, they are feeling for changes in your energy, using different techniques they then clear your energy.