Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reiki experience

I found this explanation, I hope it helps.

'Life force flows within the physical body though pathways called chakras, meridians and nadis. It also flows around us in a field of energy called the aura. ... Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with positive energy'

I think the belief in the therapy goes a long way in achieving a success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    I think the belief in the therapy goes a long way in achieving a success rate.
    I think that could be said for all therapies and medicine. In fact a lot of medical drug companies rely on the power of the mind to improve the effectiveness of their drugs.

Fresh off the reiki table and I feel wonderful, albeit different from my last experience. One thing to note is that every experience is different, which means it is different for everyone. The actual treatment will run along the same lines, it is the experience that you feel during and after the session that changes.

Last time I felt rejuvenated, energetic, with boundless energy. This time I have not experienced that, however, I do feel calm and rested, like I have had a wonderful holiday.

I actually think it is better than a massage because when you have a massage the feeling seems to go quite quickly, but with reiki it lingers for hours and sometimes days afterwards, its subtle, but its there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison66 View Post
    I actually think it is better than a massage because when you have a massage the feeling seems to go quite quickly, but with reiki it lingers for hours and sometimes days afterwards, its subtle, but its there.
    If they don't touch you, what is the sensation that lingers for hours? Because with massage, it is the relaxing hands on muscle release that you still feel afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    If they don't touch you, what is the sensation that lingers for hours? Because with massage, it is the relaxing hands on muscle release that you still feel afterwards.
    It's the movement of your energy, we are all electrical beings, and our moods can be affected by changes in the energy around us. Reiki lifts that energy and clears stagnant energy, helping your own energy to flow. It is that flow of energy that makes us feel calmer, happier.

Can it heal you? Or is it all about making you feel relaxed?

The honest answer to that question 'can it heal you' (based on my own opinion and experience), is yes, I believe it can. It seems to have healed issues I have had both physically and emotionally. I don't really know how it does what it does, but it works.

And the best bit, it does it completely naturally with the added bonus of feeling very relaxed and calm. I would recommend this therapy to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyjames View Post
    The honest answer to that question 'can it heal you' (based on my own opinion and experience), is yes, I believe it can. It seems to have healed issues I have had both physically and emotionally. I don't really know how it does what it does, but it works.

And the best bit, it does it completely naturally with the added bonus of feeling very relaxed and calm. I would recommend this therapy to everyone.
    Maybe it's because you want it to heal you, so you have talked yourself into being healed, therefore realistically you have healed yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    Maybe it's because you want it to heal you, so you have talked yourself into being healed, therefore realistically you have healed yourself.
    Healing is healing, does it matter how it is done?