Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reiki experience

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    Maybe it's because you want it to heal you, so you have talked yourself into being healed, therefore realistically you have healed yourself.
    I understand your point, but I have willed myself 'healed' for many years to no avail, but Reiki made the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by guv-ner View Post
    Healing is healing, does it matter how it is done?
    I agree, mind over matter is not a bad thing. But, in this case, it was the therapy. Maybe my belief in the therapy helped, but it was not the main catalyst to my healing.

I've heard the practitioners hands get really hot, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    I've heard the practitioners hands get really hot, is this true?
    when ever I have gone the practitioners hands have started off cold when she starts at my head, but by the time she has done one sweep of my body and then back to my head, her hands are really hot, and bare in mind she is not touching me, I can feel the heat radiating off her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    If they don't touch you, what is the sensation that lingers for hours?
    There is a sense of calmness that prevails over you both inwardly and outwardly. I have to admit having tried it, I do find it very difficult to explain the experience on a deeper level. It is just a feeling that it is doing good and working on your energy.

If there are any doubters, just go, give it a try, the worst that can happen is that you have lost some money and an hour of your time. saying that you will still feel relaxed and calm and ready to take on the day.

You guys got me so curious about this I went and had a session, my first session and I can see why there seems a difficulty in describing the effect.

It is very relaxing, lying there while someone gently moves around you, nice smells and calming music, but that's not it. I came away feeling immensely calm almost like an internal calmness and it stayed with me for days.

It's weird, you can't put your finger on what it has done, but you know it has done something and you know you want more of it.

Have you guys got shares in Reiki? You’ve sold me an experience of it, so I’ll be putting it on my xmas list.

I have had a few sessions and I think there are some rogue practitioners out there that are doing nothing but pretending to heal you but you can tell the difference with a genuine reiki practitioner as there is a heat that comes from their hands and a feeling of energy shifting. I suffer from depression and yes the environment has a calming effect but the following day I can really feel the benefits and change in my mood. I don’t understand it but done right it does work.

Ooooh reiki is the most wonderful experience if you are stressed or anxious. It feels so relaxing and if you don’t like someone touching you it’s even better. My reiki practitioner has the cosiest blanket and the room smells beautiful. It also addresses all the hidden stresses

I have had a couple of reiki sessions and it was very calming and I was shocked to find it incredibly emotional. I cried a lot afterwards so I think it released some bottled up feelings and was such a positive experience that I highly recommend