Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gadgets

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I saw these scales and thought they were pretty cool. I love the fact the information on the scales is sent to an app on your phone, helping you to track your weight and fat loss. Although, at £140.00 I would want it to be my personal chef too
    I got a set of these in the sales, a cheeky Christmas gift to myself these are great for gadget lovers, and I love the fact the information goes strait to your phone. It even gives you your water, fat and bone percentage well worth it.

It seems a crazy price just for scales, it's because it's a fad thing....in about a year the price will drop, to a more affordable amount!

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    It seems a crazy price just for scales, it's because it's a fad thing....in about a year the price will drop, to a more affordable amount!
    I was thinking about getting some of these scales, and have kept my eye on them thinking much the same as you, the price will drop once there is a flood of them on the market. But I have to say that so far the good ones seem to be holding their prices.

I invested in some new scales, because I love gadgets and these were no exception, the more information they give you, the better. I love the fact the info goes to my phone or iPad and I can visually see the changes I am making on a graph. It is so motivating.

Blog Entries
    I did succumb to the body fat composition scales, and during the Black Friday deals, you can pick these up at a fairly decent price.

I have to admit I have a love hate relationship with my scales at the moment, and this is more pronounced when the numbers do not go in my favour but overall, I do think they are a good investment, but not for those people that easily become obsessed. What I do think they are good for is highlighting that weight gain comes in different forms, and some more beneficial than others. It can be disheartening when your weight goes up, but in fact you have gained muscle not fat (which is a good thing). The old fashioned scales would just register this as weight gain, which may force you to change your food/exercise plan, when in fact what you were doing was 'on point' as they say.

Personally, I think scales are the work of the devil, I find my obsessed with them, and much like you Louise I find I have an unhealthy love-hate relationship with them too. As a result I do try to avoid them like the plague despite admitting to being the owner of a body composition scale.

I think that the problems with these scales is that they should be understood to be a guide with a -/+ variation and not an accurate calaculation. There are so many factors that affect and change the readings, that it is potentially dangerous in the wrong hands (or minds).