Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry Skin

I have to admit that as far as a skin mask goes you can't beat mushed avocado. I know it's messy and that's why it's a mask, but if you have the time it is well worth it and it really helps to soften and smooth the skin. Used once or twice a week, this may be the answer to your dry skin problems.

Increase the good fats into your diet, you can get these from nuts and seeds, avocados and olives.

Exfoliate and apply an organic, natural moisturiser. Obviously any moisturiser will do, but if your dry skin is due to toxins on the skin, going for a more natural moisturiser may be better for your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    Increase the good fats into your diet, you can get these from nuts and seeds, avocados and olives.

Exfoliate and apply an organic, natural moisturiser. Obviously any moisturiser will do, but if your dry skin is due to toxins on the skin, going for a more natural moisturiser may be better for your skin.
    I agree, I think diet is everything. Consider taking a good omega 3 supplement, in addition to improving good fats in your diet. If you eat meat, consider making yourself bone broth from organic, grass fed animals. It is by far better than any shop bought broth and your skin, hair and nails will soon reap the benefit of adding this into your diet.

I read recently that sesame oil is very good for dry skin, but warm it up first. Not in the microwave, warm it like you would cooking chocolate.

Then apply to the skin, it helps it sink in and because it’s natural (by 100% sesame and organic), it won’t add a toxic burden to your skin.

If your skin is dry you should consider what you are putting on your skin that may be contributing to it being dry, then review your intake of healthy fats and skin nourishing foods.