Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Irritable bowel

Cut out all known foods to cause irritation. Dairy and wheat is a good place to start, stay off these for a week or two to see how your body reacts, if the problem still continues, then choose other food stuffs to eliminate from your diet. Once you have found the cause, you can start to introduce the foods slowly back into your diet. But not in groups for example wheat or dairy, but in individual food items, i.e milk, yogurt, great, cereal.

Also it is worth seeking out foods that are known to be gentle on the stomach, anti-spasmodic like mint. IBS is painful and can be debilitating, but you don't have to turn to medication for the answers, you can find more natural solutions.
    IBS is a symptom that the body is not happy with something. If you continue to eat the foods that cause the problem, but take medication to mask the symptoms you are only causing your body harm.

Blog Entries
    I think it is worthy noting that low levels of hydrochloic acid in the stomach can give the symptoms of wind, abdominal pain, discomfort and bloating. Similar symptoms to IBS.

It it is best to bring up the levels naturally using fruits and vegetables. Kiwi's and celery juice are very beneficial in maintaining healthy levels of hydrocloric acid. A plethora of amino acids including serine, leucine and lysine all help to raise acid levels, bringing relief.

Aloe Vera juice is very beneficial at helping to soothe the gut and bowel, I take a shot or two a day just to keep everything happy and regular. I've tried a few varieties, but find myself coming back to Pukka Aloe Vera juice every time. It has a nice taste, and seems to have the most effective benefits.

Try supplementing with a digestive enzyme, and take a probiotic, you might find this helps with the bloating and cramping.

I've suffered on and off for years with IBS, I seem to get flare-ups of it and it seems that nothing improves the situation. It's quite painful and debilitating, the pain goes straight into you back.

I'll give some of these suggestions a try, although sometimes when you get a flare up, you're almost too afraid to try anything out of fear of making things worse.

I took your advice and I am taking a Digestive Enzyme supplement and they are working wonders so really worth giving them a try. One tablet after each meal and my pain, bloating and wind! Is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I took your advice and I am taking a Digestive Enzyme supplement and they are working wonders so really worth giving them a try. One tablet after each meal and my pain, bloating and wind! Is so much better.
    How long did it take before you started to see the benefits? And are you taking a probiotic too?

The benefits are immediate, not taking probiotics yet. I suffer really badly and my sister also recommended taking the tablets and I don't have the crippling pain in my stomach after food anymore and that awful bloating doesn't happen. I used to look pregnant after a meal but the tablets seem to stop that. Give them a go they really are worth a try. I hope they work for you too, good luck x

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    The benefits are immediate, not taking probiotics yet. I suffer really badly and my sister also recommended taking the tablets and I don't have the crippling pain in my stomach after food anymore and that awful bloating doesn't happen. I used to look pregnant after a meal but the tablets seem to stop that. Give them a go they really are worth a try. I hope they work for you too, good luck x
    Do you still take digestive enzymes? is it something you have to take forever? or can you do a short course and be done with it?

Hi there, the tablets have to become a part of your eating plan as the benefits seem to be immediate. A bit like taking a pain killer for a headache! Hope that makes sense? Good luck