Thread: Keeping warm while walking

Keeping warm while walking

I want to maintain an element of outdoor walking for exercise and health over the winter months.

With temperatures set to drop to -10c I don't want to rule out the opportunity to walk.

Does anyone have any recommendations of products to keep warm? My face in particular feels the cold and the air I breathe can be biting at times.

Have you tried this heat warmers that you snap and they keep your hands warm?

Have you tried a balaclava? There are fabrics that allow you to breathe through it. This stops the steam coming back up and fogging your glasses.

The recent cold weather has resulted in me dragging out my cold weather kit. In it I realise I use my buff a lot and rely on it for neck, face, head and ear protection.

I use two and alternate them about these areas depending where I need the most warmth. They are great for keeping the cold off your face until you warm up. Cheap and worth a try

Blog Entries
    If you ensure good core warmth with the aid of base layers you should find your peripherals stay warmer naturally. A good base layer range is icebreaker. https://uk.icebreaker.com/en/home

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    If you ensure good core warmth with the aid of base layers you should find your peripherals stay warmer naturally. A good base layer range is icebreaker. https://uk.icebreaker.com/en/home
    I agree, first rule of thumb is to ensure your core is warm, that will encourage the blood circulation to venture out to your peripherals. Wearing layers is the next rule of thumb, this allows warm air to get trapped between the fibres helping you to keep warmer, but it also allows you to adjust your temperature better.

As for your face, I swear by 'buffs' they are so lightweight and versatile, I often go walking with several buffs.

Here is a video from 'Buffwear' the original buff company on the numerous ways to wear your buff.