Thread: Healthy pregnancy

Healthy pregnancy

I’m planning on getting pregnant, but planning a year in advance, people think I’m a bit stupid doing this, but I’ve read that what you eat and your lifestyle a good year in advance of getting pregnant can effect the gene expression of the baby, potentially altering the quality of its cells, genes and DNA.

What I wondered is if there are any recommendations for healthy foods, therapies etc while pregnant, to give the child the best chance, I plan to go as organic as possible.

I’m not sure if your diet can change the genetic make up of your child but the wrong diet can affect them so it makes sense that the right food will. I took folic acid 12 months prior to getting pregnant and I would eat a diet that includes all food groups and obviously no smoking or alcohol!

Think of all the things our cells need to keep them healthy and functioning, that includes our brain cells, healthy fats, a full spectrum of vitamins, and don’t forget minerals, amino acids etc. Try obtaining all of these from a wide diet rather than from over the counter products which are arguably more harmful than good.

I think it’s wonderful that you want to prepare your body for pregnancy if only the hundreds of mothers that abandon their babies cared as much as you do. I wish you lots of luck for a healthy pregnancy