Thread: Organic baby food

Organic baby food

Do you think Organic baby food (shop bought) is as good as home made baby food?

Absolutely, all shop brought products, however healthy they are packaged to be, will have chemicals in them in the form of preservatives.

Making your own always guarantees the best ingredients. Remember carrots are quite sweet, with sweet potato mash and peas, you're on to a winner.

Yes, if you have the time always make your baby's food, this is their most fundamental time to grow and develop give them the best chance in life and growth by feeding them food that is free of chemicals.

Even the organic shop bought stuff will have preservatives.

Blog Entries
    I think it is essential that you home cook your organic food whenever possible to limit the chemicals you baby will be exposed to. I recognise that it is not always possible to live such a clean eating life all the time. But certainly if you can aim for a minimum of 50/50 home cooked organic food and shop bought organic food, you should be onto a winner and give your child the best start in life.

I don't think it is possible in this day-and-age with both parents working to constantly provide home cooked foods. There will always be the day that you were 'caught out'. So I think a sensible 80/20 approach is achieveable and takes the pressure off yourselves. The 20% can still be organic shop bought, it doesn't have to be rubbish food.

I can’t believe the rubbish that people buy to feed their child. What chance does a child have, toxin overload from the minute they are born!

Are there any controls, standards set about how much rubbish can go into baby food?

This is a great book, but you need to be open to its suggestions, it flies in the face on convention

Name:  E4476FFE-DC4B-4908-88F2-CF8EF04F7BA2.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  17.9 KB.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nourishing-...2B20EDAT3ZYM5K

I think you can only rely on baby food being organic if you have made it yourself using locally sourced fruit, vegetable and meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy2Two View Post
    Do you think Organic baby food (shop bought) is as good as home made baby food?
    If you’ve ever read the ingredients on a jar of organic baby food you will be able to answer your own question. It is always better to make your baby’s own food so you know exactly what is in it. If you make up a batch you can freeze it in ice cube trays and pop one in the microwave to heat up when needed