Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: President Trump

I don't know whether debating if the President of the united States can come to Britain on an official capacity. But, surely if the concern is that it may embarrass the Queen why doesn't someone just ask her, rather than debate it in Parliament at yet more cost to tax payers money.

Personally, I cant stand the main, and anything positive thing I may have felt has since gone out of the window, that said, He is an elected president, and we should accept that he is the leader of the 'Free world', as such when the shit hits the fan, we will be crawling to them for support, and therefore we should treat him courteously.

This man is unbelievable, I'm still in shock and disbelief that this man is even the leader of world superpower, he's a buffoon. His election makes a mockery of the whole system and job role.

I can not believe he will carry out a full term as president, I can't help but feel that there is a higher power and they will somehow remove him.

More worryingly, I think he has the potential to put the world at risk of another war, if he continues to play games with North Korea.

I fail to understand the mentality of the American public, was Hilary that bad, surely her years of experience would have amounted to something. I wonder if there are any bets on how long he will serve?

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I wonder if there are any bets on how long he will serve?
    I read that the bookies have given trump a 55% chance of leaving before the end of his first term.

Say what you like about him, but he seems to be making the Saudi's happy. I seem to be blowing hot and cold about him, I think we should be mindful that the news is 'fake news' and is very bias and controlled. He must have something about him to be in post.

Quote Originally Posted by lifesaball View Post
    Say what you like about him, but he seems to be making the Saudi's happy. I seem to be blowing hot and cold about him, I think we should be mindful that the news is 'fake news' and is very bias and controlled. He must have something about him to be in post.
    I can't help but get the feeling that he doesn't know what he is actually doing as President, I think he is winging it and hoping something good comes of it.
    Let's be honest the Americans have p*ssed a fair few countries off, and judging by the news today, we have just joined the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by lifesaball View Post
    He is such an arrogant man, did you see the news recently where he pushed another president to the side at the G7 summit? The arrogance of that man is believable. He has walked away leaving the rest of G7 unsure as the the US stance on climate change. What are arse that man man is!

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    He is such an arrogant man, did you see the news recently where he pushed another president to the side at the G7 summit? The arrogance of that man is believable. He has walked away leaving the rest of G7 unsure as the the US stance on climate change. What are arse that man man is!
    He is a liability. Trump will either achieve amazing things through shear ignorance or he will bring his country and others down. While it is commendable to have the arrogance to say that he puts his own country first, we would all like to say that wouldn't we? after all, isn't that what Brexit was about? But the world doesn't work like that, we have to come together and work as one.

Turning away from each, looking out for our own interests so blatantly will cause others to do the same, as seen only yesterday in Angela Merkel's speech, this is not good for any one country and not good for the stability and unity of the world.

Sad times ahead.

I can't this man, his decisions are very questionable and he has now officially proven to be a lose cannon. He has pulled out of the Paris climate change accord, BUT...BUT, he expects everyone to get back around a table and agree a new set of terms purely for the US, OR he wants an entirely new transaction.

Does he have any idea how many years it took for the Paris accord to be agreed by everyone? I think if I was everyone else I would say...tough! You pulled out. Good bye. Let him face the backlash in his own country.

The Paris accord is bigger than jobs, it is about sustainability of the world for future generations. If the US wants jobs, they should innovate and generate jobs, but not at the cost of the world.