Thread: Why I do Yoga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why I do Yoga

I think this image speaks a thousand words, but then I will do, I love yoga.

I thought I would share the reason why I love yoga, and why I aim to practice it every day.
    It is designed to help you achieve a focused, more positive outlook on life, along with a permanent sense of peace.
    It is an excellent workout for all ages and abilities. It helps to increase strength and flexibility, which in time leads to you being more in tune with your body.

The benefits of improved flexibility and strength means that you will have an improved posture, this will help to keep you looking younger for longer. It is a form of meditation, this allows the mind to relax and focus.

For me, it is a time for peace and serenity in an otherwise mad world.

You make it sound so lovely and serene, but when I do it, I seem to puff and pant my way through it, there is very little meditation going on. Am I doing it wrong?

I've never attended a class, but chose to get the basics right at home first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyjames View Post
    You make it sound so lovely and serene, but when I do it, I seem to puff and pant my way through it, there is very little meditation going on. Am I doing it wrong?
    I think it is like all things, it requires patience, commitment and strength. If you puff and pant, it's because you're unfit, and you're not used to this type of exercise. Stick with it, you'll be glad you did, it'll bring its own rewards.