Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My kinesiology experience

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    If this therapy can interact with the bodies subconscious then it has the ability to be very powerful and do great things, so why isn't it more common place?
    It does Rainbow, you are exactly right, it can be a very powerful tool in helping you gain and maintain your physical and mental health.

Why is it not more common place? because it is seen as alternative and anything that is alternative is always viewed with some scepticism, the pharmacology aspect of medicine has put us in a position that we have to prove everything, and if it can not be proved then it means it must not work. Yet that is only one aspect of the story. To prove something costs millions of pounds. it is not good enough for people to say 'it worked for me' and in my opinion some things go beyond scientific proof.

For me, I have the attitude of what harm can it do? can I afford to practice and see if it works? if I can then I am open to anything, and have always been pleasantly surprised.

Hi. I think that it's a case of lack of exposure, as is the case with all natural or alternative therapies. Change is, unfortunately, very slow. I think it can be very intimidating to use therapies that are not standard for the public. There is so very little information available to the public about natural therapies and people are naturally skeptical. Good news is alternative therapies or complimentary, natural modalities are gaining more and more popularity.

I agree with you, however only just yesterday I noticed a headline in a national paper about the dangers of herbal medicines and their effects on our health. A statement I personally find shocking when you consider the well documented damage to our health from prescribed medicines.

I do think as society is becoming sicker despite conventional medicine people are searching for alternatives to aid their health.

I have not experienced this type of therapy, but do understand the theory behind it. I am interested in all things alternative to the current system of health, as I feel we are very reactive in our approach to health care in general, but also towards our own health and wellbeing.

I do feel there is a general shift towards a more proactive lifestyle and there is a small collective that is pushing against mainstream therapies and choosing to look outside of the box for more effective, less invasive therapies.

I do think that alternative therapies will always be slow to take off and become more mainstream and I believe this is partly due to the fact that as a general rule they are self funded therapies. Which will always be a sticking block for alternative therapies to become widely known and accepted. Consumers are used to free health care, I would be interested to hear whether something like kinesiology is more widely accepted, understood and used in countries where healthcare is not free at the point of use, in America for example.