Thread: Yoga for weight loss

Yoga for weight loss

I saw this video, in my quest to find more yoga exercises. I thought it was simple and do-able for most people regardless of your starting point.

This is really quite good, It is faster paced than normal yoga and you do get slightly out of breath doing it.

I joined up to my first yoga class once.... holy moly! I should have done my research, I had joined up to hot yoga and it was torture. There was I expecting a very relaxing evening of stretches, followed by 10 minutes lying flat on your back (cool down)... err... no! It is not recommended for newbies, although I have to say it makes you realise how fit and supple you need to be to undertake that type of yoga.

Yoga always looks so serene, but I have to say on the occasions I have done yoga I look anything less than serene, I find the warrior quite a difficult pose to maintain with poise and dignity. So I can appreciate the calories burnt trying to maintain the simplistic look.

I’m not so sure on the idea of yoga for weightloss, I like the concept that it is serene and a form of meditation. I like the fact it stretches, strengthens and elongates the muscles.

For me, doing it as a form of exercise to lose weight makes it seem more like a chore than an enjoyable past time.