Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grounding

I'm intrigued by this, and I do love a bargain....free you say?

This video doesn't stipulate a favoured time to spend 'earthing' to maximise the benefits, any suggestions?

I do like to walk barefoot on the grass on a warm, sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by lifesaball View Post
    I do like to walk barefoot on the grass on a warm, sunny day.
    you can buy earth shoes, which will allow you to remain connected to the earth, reap all the suggested benefits of grounding, whilst still wearing shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    you can buy earth shoes, which will allow you to remain connected to the earth, reap all the suggested benefits of grounding, whilst still wearing shoes.
    To get the benefit from these earthing shoes wouldn't you need to be stood on an earthy surface or grass rather than Tarmac?

Have you seen the grounding sheets available for your bed, this will help to ground you while you are sleeping. An important time for the body to go into restorative mode. http://www.groundology.co.uk/earthing/grounding-sheets
    Name:  IMG_1207.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  97.5 KB

I know someone who has been suffering from headaches and depression and went to see a holistic healer. The healer told him to switch off all appliances from the wall when not in use, limit time on a computer, phone etc and stop using WiFi.

His headaches are much improved, almost gone. It makes you wonder what all this equipment does to us now we are living in a computer age.

Is there a gadget you can buy that tell you how much electrical pollution you are exposed to in your home? I can't see it can be good for you. After all there has been a link to overhead pylons and increased cancer rates hasn't there?

I found this;

When walking on the earth barefoot, free electrons from the earth transfer into your body via the soles of your feet. These free electrons are some of the most potent antioxidants known to man.
    Lack of grounding, due to widespread use of rubber or plastic-soled shoes, may have contributed to the rise of modern diseases by allowing chronic inflammation to proliferate unchecked.
    Experiments have shown that free electrons from the earth cause beneficial changes in heart rate, decreases inflammation, reduces pain, promotes healthy sleep, and thins your blood, making it less viscous, which has beneficial impact on cardiovascular disease.
    Ideal locations for earthing are on the beach, close to or in the water, and on dewy grass.

Clearly, the simplest way to ground is to walk barefoot outside when safe to do so. But what about urban or city dwellers who are surrounded by asphalt and concrete? Can you ground on those? And what about natural surfaces—which ones are the most effective? There are indeed significant differences between various surfaces.

The ideal location for walking barefoot is the beach, close to or in the water, as sea water is a great conductor. Your body also contains mostly water, so it creates a good connection.

A close second would be a grassy area, especially if it's covered with dew, which is what you'd find if you walk early in the morning. According to Dr. Oschman, concrete is a good conductor as long as it hasn't been sealed. Painted concrete does not allow electrons to pass through very well. Materials like asphalt, wood, and typical insulators like plastic or the soles of your shoes, will not allow electrons to pass through and are not suitable for barefoot grounding.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-earthing.aspx
    Last edited by Rachael; 18th July 2017 at 19:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Christiane View Post
    To get the benefit from these earthing shoes wouldn't you need to be stood on an earthy surface or grass rather than Tarmac?
    I think my last post may answer your question Christiane

Given that grounding really only works when you are on grass or mud, maybe concrete at a push, what is the point of the grounding shoes? Most people only get the chance to walk on tarmac in there day to days lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Christiane View Post
    Given that grounding really only works when you are on grass or mud, maybe concrete at a push, what is the point of the grounding shoes? Most people only get the chance to walk on tarmac in there day to days lives.
    I think this is a good point, given that grounding only seems to last for as long as you are grounded, is it worth the £30-50 price tag for the occasional chance to walk on the grass! Wouldn't it be better to just walk in your garden barefoot for ten minutes a day?