Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paris accord - Climate change

Blimey! You ladies are vicious, I wouldn't want to be the last man on earth with you lot, you'd eat me alive!

After reading your comments my first reaction was similar to Tanya's, but with thought, I have to say I understand your point. It is easy to say change this, cut down on that, but reality is, none of us want to make these changes for many, many reasons. The planet simply can not sustain a growing population and demand, something has to give.

Quote Originally Posted by over the hill View Post
    I do however have concerns that the utopian idea of all countries being equal. This would lead to the catastrophic end to the planet and the human race and probably all the creatures that live on the planet too. while humans live on the planet there has to be areas of no wealth, no means to grow and thrive.
    So you think it is okay that we have countries where children are starving and there is famine and no hope? You think it is okay for them to suffer so that the rich countries can stay rich?

What you are suggesting is that if the poorer countries became richer it would be at the cost of the rich countries, thereby making them poorer. So what? Why shouldn't everyone have a piece of the action?

At first read this seems really harsh, and hopefully we will never need to get to a stage where we will have to control the population. But I do understand what you are saying and if it came to it, a population control would be about saving humanity.

Thankfully, I'm sure this will never happen.

My view isn't about rich countries staying rich and poor staying poor.

Please try and imagine.....

If every country on earth had the industry, population, requirement for food, energy, water and land as China, the US, the U.K. Etc the world could not cope. There would simply not be enough water, natural resources, land and food to sustain a planet where every country is advanced and industrial.

By having some countries where people live a more basic existence like tribes people, or there are great areas of land with little population like the Australian outback. The planet needs these places to counteract the countries that are over worked, over populated and over exploited. That is what I am saying.

I loved the fact that Putin stepped in and told everyone to 'be happy' :trippy: Brilliant!