Thread: Latest water craze

Latest water craze

Has anyone tried the new HIIT in water? It's a circuit exercise class, that is said to offer fast results. I get the impression this is more hardcore than water aerobics.

I doubt it would be hard to burn calories while running in water! You'll find yourself sweating, even in water!

Blog Entries
    I can understand the benefits of running in water, but, I can't imagine it would be fun. It's not nice trying to get somewhere fast in water.

I don't really see the benefit, surely it won't really increase your heart rate, it's impossible to run in water.

Quote Originally Posted by guv-ner View Post
    I don't really see the benefit, surely it won't really increase your heart rate, it's impossible to run in water.
    Anything that is increasing you workload will increase your heart rate. So it will offer some cardiovascular benefit, just not in the way that running would.

No, I'm with the others, I would just find this irritating, trying to do circuit training in water, I don't see the fun or genuine fitness in it at all.

Apparently, exercising in water has greater benefits than those on the land. I found this slide

I think the thought that everything is slowed down means it is less effective is diminished by the fact you are constantly working against a pressure. Therefore every movement you make under water compared to out of water burns more calories.