Thread: Ginseng

Ginseng

My memory is not what it used to be and I find myself wandering into rooms and then wondering why I am there, but knowing I was going to get something. Then I'd have to walk out of the room and then walk back in, in the hope it my reboot my memory!

So, having a look around I found that Ginseng is supposed to very good for memory and energy levels. Does anyone have any experience of Ginseng? and can anyone recommend a good supplement? (I guess it is not available in whole form in most places).

I saw some individual packets of Ginseng tea in Holland and Barret last week, 49p each, so I bought one, let's just say I won't be buying it again, it is an acquired taste, and it seems I've not acquired a taste for it yet.

I went through a period when I used to take Korean Ginseng, to boost my energy and aid my memory. I took them for about 6 months, but stopped due to the cost. But I do vaguely remember feeling some benefit.

I know that's not very helpful, but do your reasearch, not all ginseng is equal.

I've read that Korean Ginseng is more invigorating, whereas American Ginseng is more relaxing.

I read this and then the next day saw the packets as Charlie H was referring t, I have to agree the tea does not have the best of taste.
    I'm not sure about being invigorated, I felt motivated to through it away

Maybe the tablets would be a better idea.

I read that the optimum dose is 600mg/day for preventative health and should be taken in the morning.

It is apparently anti-ageing, which is down to the antioxidants. Although I think you have to have the red ginseng root, there is even suggestion that it may help get rid of the wrinkles and help stimulate collagen production..... sign me up!

I am not a big advocate of ginseng as a supplement. I have tried the well known Korean Ginseng for 3 months to give it a fair chance but didn’t notice any difference to my memory. I definitely recommend a good sleep and cut down on alcohol to help your memory

Isn’t Ginseng an adaptogen, which means it’s a sort of leveller. Which is why some people get huge benefits from it, while others don’t.

I need to give this a try because I am the same, I walk with great purpose into a room and end up standing in the middle thinking what on Earth am I here for!!