Thread: Article: The Health Benefits of Quinoa

Blog Entries

Article: The Health Benefits of Quinoa

Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

For ages I thought this was pronounced Quinn-o-a, it took me a while to get into this type of grain, but I'm glad I did, I mix it with my rice, so I have less rice and benefit from the nutrients in the quinoa.

So that's how you pronounce it.

How do you make it? and, I know this sounds a strange question, but how do you eat it, other than making salads out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    So that's how you pronounce it.

How do you make it? and, I know this sounds a strange question, but how do you eat it, other than making salads out of it?
    the rough guide is one cup of quinoa to two cups of water, one the water has started to boil, turn the heat down to simmer the quinoa, put the lid on. it should take about 15 minutes, check it after 10 minutes from simmering.

there should be no water left, and it should be fluffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi001 View Post
    For ages I thought this was pronounced Quinn-o-a, it took me a while to get into this type of grain, but I'm glad I did, I mix it with my rice, so I have less rice and benefit from the nutrients in the quinoa.
    Me too, it adds a crunchy texture to the rice and ensures you don't eat too much rice. I also mix the colours up, so I have Black, red and white.