Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can heal your life

You can heal your life

Through exploring my more spiritual side I came across this book by Louise Hay, 'You can heal your life', and I've found the book at times fascinating, easy to read, but also some elements are questionable. That is not to say they are not true, accurate and real, but simply beyond my level of comprehension, but in a good way.

The book makes you think about your own reality, and makes you question things a little more, which is not a a bad thing.

Anyway, within the book there is a section that discusses common ailments and how they manifest in relation to our inner feelings.
    It is quite fascinating and it would be too easy to shun this idea as 'mum o jumbo', but actually, the linked feelings are way too accurate.

This is a great book which has the potential to heal you if only you allow yourself to be open to its ideas.

Can you give an example of an emotion linked to a condition from the book?

I've read that book, it's a great book, but I do think you have to be a bit of a believer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy82 View Post
    Can you give an example of an emotion linked to a condition from the book?
    Yes, a problem with your elbow represents changing directions and accepting new experiences.

Eczema Breath-taking anatogonism. Mental eruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison66 View Post
    Yes, a problem with your elbow represents changing directions and accepting new experiences.

Eczema Breath-taking anatogonism. Mental eruptions.
    Really? And you believe this?

I think it makes sense that our conditions represent on emotions and internal struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannij View Post
    Really? And you believe this?
    Yes, I do.

This book explains a very old concept in modern day ways. The book basically suggests that our thoughts and actions have implications to our own health and life. That our emotions become imprinted within our cells, and this imprint can cause damage to our cells over a long period of time.

This concept is not new by any means, how many times have you you heard the phrase 'stress kills'. This book explores ways in which you can recognise the ways in which our emotions are affecting us and suggests ways to overcome the damage that is being done.

It makes sense that our emotions leave an imprint on our bodies. As Megan says, it is common to hear the comment that 'stress kills' yet we fail to register what this really means. Our everyday stresses, emotions, good, bad and indifferent each have an effect on our health.

Okay, if you accept that these emotions have an effect on your body what can you do to change them? You can't just make yourself happy about everything.