Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You can heal your life

I've read this book, and one of the main subjects the book reinforces is the concept of forgiveness, of letting go of resentment and ill feelings.

After I read this book, I did do some of the homework the book recommends and I have to say, I think it had a very positive affect on my health and my life. Specifically my mental health.

It helped me to realise I have been carrying around bad feelings of things that happened years and years ago, Things that in many ways I had not realised I had carried. Releasing me of these feelings allowed me to let new feelings in. In a way I felt released to be happy again.

I do think that in order to get something from this book, and many like them you have to believe in the message they give you. However, I will add, I did not start my homework fully believing it would work, only simply hoping it would, but knowing it wouldn't cause any harm.

This seems to be an emerging concept that is being discussed more openly in the wider domain. People are making the connection between chronic, long term health conditions and long term, or deep rooted emotional issues that the individual person has not dealt with.

I think if it is difficult to believe that about a very stressful situation you have ever found yourself in, some people break out in hives, or blotches, some people get neck and shoulder pains, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, crying, palpitations etc these are all acute body responses to an acute episode of stress.

So isn’t it possible that the body can have more subtle reactions to a more chronic emotional problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Deena View Post
    I do think that in order to get something from this book, and many like them you have to believe in the message they give you. However, I will add, I did not start my homework fully believing it would work, only simply hoping it would, but knowing it wouldn't cause any harm.

I think this is really lovely that you didn't believe, but had hope. I sometimes think thats the best place to start. I do believe in the power of emotions, in fact I recently came across Joe Dispenza, an interesting man with ideas that may not be for everyone, but he explains that our moods become our temperament, our temperament becomes our personality and our personality dictates what we do and how we act and who we do it with. If moods can do this, then it is easy to see how emotions can have a lasting affect on our lives.

Blog Entries
    I think this is a great book and which can build the foundations of self healing. sometimes we do not understand ourselves and out emotions and ailments. I think this book is a good place to start to inwardly look.

I have a friend who is blighted by one bowel problem after the next in a very severe way, including cancer and ongoing post operative problems, crohns etc There is a part of me that would like to give him the book and ask him if he recognises himself in any of it.

Such problems are associated with fear, lack of confidence, intimacy, security, self criticism and resistance to new ideas as well as a need to love yourself. I wonder if he sees himself in any of these traits, to the point of it being a big problem in his life??

A friend gave me this book recently, and when I received it I wasn’t sure whether to be insulted or grateful. I have just finished it and can honestly say, I am grateful to my friend for her kind gift and thoughtfulness.

At first I wasn’t sure about the book, it seemed a little to ‘hippy’-ish to me. However, 1/3 of the way through it started to resonate with me, and by the end I have started to recognise patterns in my behaviour and ailments that are very linked to my emotions.

A very insightful read.

There’s a lot of ancient practices, namely two main ones spring to mind Indian, Chinese that firmly believe that the body can heal itself given the right environment, nutrition and mentality.

This concept may seem a voodoo, to some, but actually it is very old and has stood the test of time.