Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protein / health bar

Quote Originally Posted by brittany View Post
    There is a huge range of 'health bars' in the stores now, many of which do not represent health in any way. In fact, I know this is going off the subject a bit, but I find it disturbing that manufacturers are jumping on the health food bandwagon, which is actually doing harm to the true message of healthy eating and ultimately replacing a sinister looking toxin for an angelic looking toxin. A practice I find quite underhand.
    What did you expect? We live in a commercial society, where everyone is out to make money. Business people will go where the money is and people are too thick and lazy to realise what they are buying. People want instant everything, instant food and instant health.

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    A lot of the shop bought, so called 'health bars' are packed with sugar. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
    Trek bars are 'shop bought' and are completely natural ( http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...power-60020458 ), they contain protein and a good snack to have on the run. Or in your glove box for emergencies.

What actually is a health bar? Is it a meal replacement, a snack, a post work-out protein bar? I think that a a snack they seem quite high in calories, sugars and fats. But they wouldn’t satisfy me for a meal replacement.

Can anyone shed any light on these health bars?

I heard that the shop bought health bars are actually full of sugar and salt so the only way to eat a healthy bar is to make it yourself. I love the recipes on here

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    What actually is a health bar? Is it a meal replacement, a snack, a post work-out protein bar? I think that a a snack they seem quite high in calories, sugars and fats. But they wouldn’t satisfy me for a meal replacement.

Can anyone shed any light on these health bars?
    I think they are meant to sustain you with healthy, nutrition until you can eat a proper meal, so, I guess a sort of snack. But all too often the shop bought ones are filled with refined sugars, syrups and are nutrient poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I heard that the shop bought health bars are actually full of sugar and salt so the only way to eat a healthy bar is to make it yourself. I love the recipes on here
    I think when it comes to food, making your own, is always the better option, at least you know what’s in it!

Have you tried My Vegan carb crusher health bars? They are available in 4 flavours they are really tasty
    Last edited by Westielover; 7th August 2020 at 16:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Staci View Post
    Have you tried Naked bars?

Naked are offering you 9 of their bars for £6.00 if you use the code 'Nature', its a great saving and gives the opportunity to try lots of different flavours for a fraction of the normal cost.

Here is a link, the price alters at the checkout https://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.u...medium=display
    These are some of the rare healthy bars that live up to the claim as others are full of sugar and salt