Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teeth whitener

Quote Originally Posted by Deena View Post
    I saw this and it looks quite a sexy gadget. It's a device that is said to whiten your teeth by up to 5 shades whiter , but it requires you to use it 4 times a day for 8 minutes at a time.
    A sexy looking gadget, but that is a lot of time to dedicate to getting your teeth white, and what happens when you stop using it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    why would you use charcoal to whiten teeth?
    Since asking this question I gave charcoal toothpaste a try and also noticed it has now made it to the high street shop 'Boots', which in itself is quite remarkable for any 'alternative' product to achieve.

Anyway, I do enjoy the charcoal powder, it has a very earthy taste, although I doubt it is a go to product for anyone wanting that fresh minty taste.

I found it as good as any other tooth whitening paste that I have tried over the years (and paid a small fortune for). I tend to use this at night, where the minty taste of freshly cleaned teeth is not such a requirement, and use my lavera in the morning, to help freshen the morning breath.

I tried the charcoal toothpaste and couldn’t get on with it, I never felt like I had brushed my teeth.

I’ve noticed that charcoal toothpaste has become more main stream now, it used to be so hard to get hold of. Although I have to say, I’m never too convinced by mainstream products, it normally equates to toxic rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudetteBenner View Post
    Have you tried activated charcoal? It is supposed to be good for natural teeth whitening.

I have also seen charcoal bristle tooth brushes.
    I was told that this charcoal doesn’t actually make any difference it is an illusion because the black paste on your teeth when rinsed off makes your teeth look white as it’s a stark contrast. Once the enamel on your teeth has been eroded you can’t make them white.

Quote Originally Posted by Westielover View Post
    I was told that this charcoal doesn’t actually make any difference it is an illusion because the black paste on your teeth when rinsed off makes your teeth look white as it’s a stark contrast. Once the enamel on your teeth has been eroded you can’t make them white.

another scam!

At a recent visit to my dentist I asked about brightening my teeth and he said that you are destroying the enamel on your teeth by whitening them and eventually you won’t be able to get the same effect and will need crowns or veneers to get white teeth

There is an unhealthy obsession with having unnaturally white teeth at the moment. I met someone the other day and her teeth were so white they looked like false teeth which I’m sure wasn’t the look she was going for!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie361 View Post
    At a recent visit to my dentist I asked about brightening my teeth and he said that you are destroying the enamel on your teeth by whitening them and eventually you won’t be able to get the same effect and will need crowns or veneers to get white teeth
    I think it certainly breaks down the enamel and causes teeth to become more sensitive, which explain the explosion of sensitive toothpastes on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    There is an unhealthy obsession with having unnaturally white teeth at the moment. I met someone the other day and her teeth were so white they looked like false teeth which I’m sure wasn’t the look she was going for!
    Thankfully, I don’t think we are as bad as the US, it seems to be a right of passage to have braces, a nose job and white teeth!