Thread: Reflexology

Reflexology

Reflexology has been around in various forms for thousands of years. It was practised in Ancient Egypt, China and India, more recently it was known as 'zone therapy' and is believed to show congestion and tension in the feet that is mirrored to the corresponding areas of the body. It s not claimed to be a cure for problems. However, it has been beneficial for reducing tension and improving a sense of wellbeing.

Personally, I found it slightly painful and not relaxing. I never went back again after my first session, but with hindsight, I think the pain was due to chronic tension and the inability to relax was more to do with me feet being touched and the discomfort than the therapy itself.
    Had I gone again, I may have felt more of a benefit.

It is an interesting concept and if correct can have profound benefits to your health.

If I understand it correctly the practitioner can feel a 'crunch' or 'hollowness', or the recipient may find that the area is sore, these are indications that there is a problem in the related body part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellee View Post
    If I understand it correctly the practitioner can feel a 'crunch' or 'hollowness', or the recipient may find that the area is sore, these are indications that there is a problem in the related body part.
    In this case I should have stuck with it, maybe the pain was the underlying problem being worked on. I may give it another go in the future.

Reflexology is very good (although painful at times) at caring for you central nervous system, which helps the body to regulate its functioning. It is good for pain relief, stress and mood and it is said to keep the body's energy flowing. Here is a link to another site to tell you in more detail.

https://www.takingcharge.csh.umn.edu...flexology-work

Quote Originally Posted by Kellee View Post
    Wow that sounds a bit brutal?