Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: India is set to over take China in the population stakes

India is set to over take China in the population stakes

I read recently that India is set to overtake china as being the most populated country in the world.

By 2015 the world is predicted to have a population of over 9.7 billion, rising to 11.2 billion some 50 years later. In case you are wondering we are at 7.9 billion at the moment.

I think these predictions are very scary considering water scarcity and fossil fuel limitations. We are speeding toward a global disaster of epic proportions.

These statistics are very frightening, when you look at the wars around the world, these will only get worse once human basics become a scarce comodity.

I think by 2050 we will start to see a huge migration of people to Europe for survival due to a lack of natural resources.

I read this with interest, this is from the UN.org website

'From 2017 to 2050, it is expected that half of the world’s population growth will be concentrated in just nine countries: India, Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Pakistan, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania, the United States of America, Uganda and Indonesia (ordered by their expected contribution to total growth)'

Notably, these are some of the poorest countries.

Nigeria is growing the most rapidly of all the countries. It is expected to become the 3rd largest population in the world, it currently stands at 7th place behind the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by AletheaRiggs View Post
    Nigeria is growing the most rapidly of all the countries. It is expected to become the 3rd largest population in the world, it currently stands at 7th place behind the U.S.
    Can the country's economics afford to have such an increase in population?

It took hundreds of thousands of years for the world population to reach 1 billion, then it took just 200 years to grow seven fold.

I read in the Daily mail that experts predicted that by 2050 half of the worlds population would live in Africa. The prediction is that along with this growth will be rising pollution, scare natural resources, increased crime poverty and political unrest.
    Last edited by Harry; 2nd July 2017 at 20:40.

These statistics are quite worrying when you consider the mass migration from Africa that has been taking place for the last few years. The Migrants are saying they are running from war, slavery, unemployment, starvation etc
    Yet, these statistics suggest that the population will increase faster than any other country. Something needs to be done, and fast.

It is frightening stuff, but I'm sure I read somewhere that there is an educational programming going on in Africa to try to reduce the number of births per woman. If this works, you may see these statistics change for the better.