Thread: Six pack abs

Six pack abs

I'd love a firm set of abs, you know, a really toned feminine stomach.
    Name:  IMG_1183.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  40.5 KB

But, I have a hernia and can't do typical abdominal workouts on the floor, does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Have you tried doing a plank? this exercise is said to help tighten up your core muscles and with limited movement, it may not cause you any problems. If i've done this right, the image should show some of the muscles involved in doing the plank

Blog Entries
    Ahh, the dreaded plank. I did used to practice my plant but struggled beyond 1 minute 30 seconds. I have an incisional hernia and noted that the ab exercises I was doing was irritating my hernia so I stopped doing them and gave myself a break.

I have now now restarted my quest for sexy looking abs, so I do 30 second plank for one week, building by 10 seconds each week. I also lift a ball from the floor to work my lower abs (if anyone wants to know more, just ask) and I do side bends on the floor for my obliques, so the whole of my abs are being worked, but very gently.

Just so so you know, as yet I do not have killer abs, when I do, I will post a picture of them on here.

I can't do the plank and find I feel really sick when I attempt to do crunches, there has to be some other, easier options. Needless to say, I have weak looking abs, although I would love to have some like in the above picture.

The best way to get abs is to lose body fat. You can do all the exercise in the world but if you don’t have a pear shape composition, or a body fat percentage <20 you will never achieve a six pack ab.

If you look at all the you tube videos, they will tell you lose the fat, then the muscle on your abs will start to become visible.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielFel View Post
    The best way to get abs is to lose body fat. You can do all the exercise in the world but if you don’t have a pear shape composition, or a body fat percentage <20 you will never achieve a six pack ab.

If you look at all the you tube videos, they will tell you lose the fat, then the muscle on your abs will start to become visible.
    I’m not sure I agree with your suggestion that the best way to get abs is to lose fat. Losing fat alone won’t get you abs. The loss of fat will help your abs to become more visible.