Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faecal transplant

I have to say, I have seen this thread before briefly and didn’t really think I could ever contribute to this, for many reasons, but, here I am

I recently read an article about Parkinson’s disease and how scientists think it may originate in the gut, which is very interesting, but more interesting is the fact that it has been suggested that faecal transplants may be the way to treat it and reduce the symptoms in sufferers!

If you want to look up this emerging science, look up FMT (faecal microbiome transplantation)
    Last edited by over the hill; 25th September 2020 at 11:45.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by over the hill View Post
    ... Parkinson’s disease and how scientists think it may originate in the gut, which is very interesting, but more interesting is the fact that it has been suggested that faecal transplants may be the way to treat it and reduce the symptoms in sufferers! ...
    I think this is amazing on a couple of levels, firstly the emerging knowledge that Parkinson’s may be gut related and the fact the FMT may offer a remedy. This adds strength to the importance of the microbiome.

I think in the future all disease will be connected to the gut, which I hate to point out, but it was mentioned some 2300 years ago It seems modern medicine has taken a while to catch up!
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Blog Entries
    Another great Tedtalk!

I think this is a great talk and it covers a huge array of topics, sadly Scott’s focus On the future was more on technology, rather than what had actually made him better. A plant based diet and improving your microbiome.

Organically Pure

It is crazy how he ultimately prevented himself from having a colostomy as a result of having a FMT, is this now the new normal treatment?

Blog Entries
    Okay, so I admit, I am very boring and get very excited about the emerging science on our bodies. For me, the exciting aspect comes from the knowledge that there are scientists tht are generally studying the body and doing good things.

faecal transplant is an emerging science which I think will explode in the future to be the answer to many underlying health conditions, I have post a new video https://www.organicallypure.co.uk/fo...Gut-microbiome and within it the speaker mentions FMT and their benefits.

Now, more than ever it shows the connection between our health and the food we eat.
    Organically Pure

I have to admit, I am intreagued about this and the stories you hear does seem to suggest that this could be the safest treatment for so many people. This may limit the risk of needing to have life changing operation which come with so many risks.

I think as science emerges, they will find this treatment has so many successful applications. But I very much doubt it will become mainstream. Why would it? There is not a lot of money to be had in curing people!