Thread: Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

I have been thinking about taking up running on and off for years, with some half hearted attempts. But, I really need to do this as part of my bucket list in life.

I don't necessarily want to run a marathon or even a half marathon, but I would like to be able to go for a run and enjoy it, find the solice in running that others find.

So I have decided to follow an app on couch to 5K. I haven't found the app I want to follow yet, so if anyone has any ideas, or recommendations I would be really grateful to read them.

Check out the apps on your phone, there is a wide range of c25K apps which should get you started.

Here is a site which may offer you some support or ideas http://www.c25k.com

I did try this a few years back, before apps were a thing and I did 1 minute of running, 2 minutes of walking, for the first day, second day 2 minutes of running, 2 minutes of walking etc and that how I built it up. I did feel stupid doing it at first, but I was running quite quickly.

I didn't stick at it though, although I wish I had.

There are some great apps to help you in this process and before you know it you'll be up and running. I suggest that once you have caught the running bug you join a local running club, this will keep you motivated and expand your experience.

Did you get anywhere with your running app?

Arghh! I did use an app, but I have to say that I failed miserably at keeping up the training. I think I will re-try again in the spring. Thanks for asking.