Thread: Sciatica

Sciatica

Oh my! I did not know what hit me, I didn't seem to do anything particular other than get out of the car in the usual way, and wham! I have been hit with this gnawing, aching, sharp toothache type pain that will not ease, I just don't know what to do with myself. Standing up is painful, sitting down is painful, lying down...you get the picture. I feel like Id like to just throw my leg over my shoulder....I have no clue why I feel this, maybe it is a natural instinct left over from caveman times

So I went to my G.P and came away with pain relief, But that just didn't seem to fit well with me. The pain is there for a reason, and surely pain relief just masks the pain, stops you feeling it, so exactly how will the problem get sorted and improved resulting in me being pain free, without the zombie drugs?

Fast forward to a friend of a friend, of a friend who had tried chiropractic treatment and they thought it was great. I did some digging around and heard a mixture of horror/ fear stories and some good stories. I decided to book and give it a go.... Immediatley the pain was gone I mean immediatley

I went back for two further follow ups, just to make sure everything was hunky dory and to be honest the chiropractitioner was very nice and that was it, paracetamol on day one of treatment, nothing since.

How amazing is that? why don't the medical doctors recognise this? send people to these guys, I was back to work straight away, no long term sick, drug taking, using up more of doctors time etc surely it is cost effective in so many ways.

So, my advice if you have sciatica go and see a chiropractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Oh my! I did not know what hit me, I didn't seem to do anything particular other than get out of the car in the usual way, and wham! I have been hit with this gnawing, aching, sharp toothache type pain that will not ease, I just don't know what to do with myself. Standing up is painful, sitting down is painful, lying down...you get the picture. I feel like Id like to just throw my leg over my shoulder....I have no clue why I feel this, maybe it is a natural instinct left over from caveman times

So I went to my G.P and came away with pain relief, But that just didn't seem to fit well with me. The pain is there for a reason, and surely pain relief just masks the pain, stops you feeling it, so exactly how will the problem get sorted and improved resulting in me being pain free, without the zombie drugs?

Fast forward to a friend of a friend, of a friend who had tried chiropractic treatment and they thought it was great. I did some digging around and heard a mixture of horror/ fear stories and some good stories. I decided to book and give it a go.... Immediatley the pain was gone I mean immediatley

I went back for two further follow ups, just to make sure everything was hunky dory and to be honest the chiropractitioner was very nice and that was it, paracetamol on day one of treatment, nothing since.

How amazing is that? why don't the medical doctors recognise this? send people to these guys, I was back to work straight away, no long term sick, drug taking, using up more of doctors time etc surely it is cost effective in so many ways.

So, my advice if you have sciatica go and see a chiropractor.
    I like playing soccer, but I often get injured in the play ground. Once, my doctor was not in the city, so my father took me to the best chiropractitioner who helped reliving of acute pain at the time of need. Now, I remain stress free about injuries or sprain, because I know that my chiropractor can take away my pain much easily.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes it's worth doing gentle yoga or exercises that help to open up the hip and back area. I understand that sometimes it's the last thing you feel like doing, but it can really help, sometimes offering immediate relief.

There are are loads of you tube clips to get you started on yoga moves and some of them as simple as kneeling down in a seated position and leaning forward so your tummy is on your upper legs, and your head is fading the floor, your arms stretched out in front of you. This is a great position for opening the hip and easing a trapped nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    why don't the medical doctors recognise this? send people to these guys, I was back to work straight away, no long term sick, drug taking, using up more of doctors time etc surely it is cost effective in so many ways.
    The medical professional have always turned a blind eye to alternative practices, however I think the tide is turning, albeit very slowly. The TV doctors such as Dr Chatterjee do help to sway medical opinion that not everything can and needs to be mended with a pill.

But, the public also needs to start taking responsibility for their own health and stop the mindset that the public coffers pay for everything. Then maybe there would be more money in the pot for alternative therapies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyjames View Post
    The medical professional have always turned a blind eye to alternative practices, however I think the tide is turning, albeit very slowly. The TV doctors such as Dr Chatterjee do help to sway medical opinion that not everything can and needs to be mended with a pill.

But, the public also needs to start taking responsibility for their own health and stop the mindset that the public coffers pay for everything. Then maybe there would be more money in the pot for alternative therapies.

I agree, but there is a lot of scepticism in the public domain about alternative treatment, and this has come about by the media suggesting everyone is a charlatan that isn’t a medical doctor. People believe what they read!

I always take aspiring for sciatic pain and pull my knees up to me chest and the pain is gone in about 20 mins but no good if you can’t take aspirin!