Thread: Painful knees

Painful knees

Can anyone make any suggestions, I have been getting painful knees for a while now, sometimes they feel so hot and sound so creaky.

I take glucosamine and condroitin and occasionally strap it up for extra support. But does anyone know of anything I could do or add in to make my knees feel like new again?

Turmeric seems the popular anti-inflammatory of choice at the moment, have you given that a go?

Have you been to the doctors and found out what the cause is? I think that would be the start and depending upon the findings depends on how best to manage your knee pain.

Some people seem to swear by cod liver oil for their joints, if you are not already taking some, it might be worth a consideration.

Have you tried kinetic tape? There are various companies that do the tape, and as such the price can vary. I've tried the famous brand, but found it doesn't stick as well as some others I have used.

The colours do not signify anything, other than just being trendy. If you haven't already tried the tape, I suggest you give it a go, it is very impressive how it works at relieving pain, and for the knee it will offer stability.

Here is a video for the knee support using kinesiology tape. I've used the tape for lower back pain and found it very helpful, although I warn you it does roll up on the edges. The tape is normally good for a couple to three days before needing to be changed again.

I've used this tape before and I was sceptical at it's ability to relieve pain. But, I have to say it was very effective, and worth trying to offer your knee some support.

There are various methods to strap up your knee depending on the underlying problem.

Cod liver oil and chondroitin seem very popular amongst the painful knee brigade. I know a lot of runners use these supplements as runners are prone to dodgy knees.