Thread: Is Milk inhumane?

Is Milk inhumane?

It has been reported that milk is inhumane following the treatment of calves immediately after birth, any thoughts?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...standards-body

I don't think it's a question of whether milk is inhummane, surely it is the practice that is inhummane rather than the product.

I agree with Susan, it is not a question whether the milk is inhummane. The treatment of animals to allow us to eat meat and dairy is inhummane, something most humans seem happy to accept by turning a blind eye to the reality of the animals treatment.

I'm surprised the advertising agency allowed the advert. I'm pleased they did, but I'm surprised they didn't buckle under the pressure from the agriculture and dairy industry.

Good for them!

Isn't all animal farming inhumane? by the nature that the animal is force fed foods that they wouldn't naturally eat, get confined to small areas, are force fed, pumped with toxins etc

Animals are natural creatures, they are more in tune with nature than we humans are, anything we do to them that doesn't allow them to roam freely is inhumane in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Animals are natural creatures, they are more in tune with nature than we humans are, anything we do to them that doesn't allow them to roam freely is inhumane in my opinion.
    I find myself in complete agreement with you. Have you seen cowspiracy? It's quite an eye opening documentary that raises awareness of the farming methods used in agriculture.