Thread: Foods to boost weightloss

Foods to boost weightloss

Hi,

Does anyone know of any foods that can help to boost weight loss? for example something that can help to burn fat, or speed up your metabolism?

I'm okay sticking to a diet, I just find the whole process too slow. I'm impatient and like to see results.

Bulk on vegetables which will fill you up, this will boost your weightloss by simply stopping you from eating other food stuffs.

There are some foods classed as negative, for example eating celery burns of more calories to chew it than you actually consume whilst eating it.

I have read that hot foods can help to increase your metabolism, such as chilli's. Try adding spices to your meals Cayenne pepper and Turmeric help to increase the body's temperature which can lead to an increase in metabolism.

Whereas Cinnamon and ginger can help to control blood glucose, reducing your craving and the munchies.

Cumin is said to increase the body's ability to burn fat by up to 3 times.

These are only small changes you can make, and I am sure there are many other spices that can aid in dietary control and fat burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Staci View Post
    I have read that hot foods can help to increase your metabolism, such as chilli's. Try adding spices to your meals Cayenne pepper and Turmeric help to increase the body's temperature which can lead to an increase in metabolism.

Whereas Cinnamon and ginger can help to control blood glucose, reducing your craving and the munchies.

Cumin is said to increase the body's ability to burn fat by up to 3 times.

These are only small changes you can make, and I am sure there are many other spices that can aid in dietary control and fat burning.
    I knew that hot, spicy foods containing chilli can help boost your metabolism, but I didn't realise about the other spices. I think I will be adding cumin to all my foods from now on
    I cant tolerate too much chilli in my food, it gives me heart burn.

The best foods for weight loss are eggs, leafy greens, salmons, boiled chicken and boiled potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    The best foods for weight loss are eggs, leafy greens, salmons, boiled chicken and boiled potatoes.
    An odd mix of foods, why have you chosen these?