Thread: Chlorinated Chicken

Chlorinated Chicken

Why is there such a big up roar at the prospect of chlorinated chicken from the USA, when we have a lot of pre-packaged salads that are washed in chlorinated water?

The chickens are washed in chlorinated water and other chemicals because of the way they are housed and grown. They are too heavy to stand, so often just sit or lie in theirs and other faeces. It's disgusting treatment of an animal.

I found this article on chicken manufacturing, it makes for sober reading.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-chlorine.html

I think we should avoid any food stuffs from the U.S, they have a different approach to food than we do in Europe. Who puts a chicken in a can

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Why is there such a big up roar at the prospect of chlorinated chicken from the USA, when we have a lot of pre-packaged salads that are washed in chlorinated water?
    This is true, however I believe the quantity of chlorine is very small, it's still not right, but it's not neat chlorine. As always, it is better and healthier to consume food in the whole form, with as little packaging as possible. The less humans tinker with food, the better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I think we should avoid any food stuffs from the U.S, they have a different approach to food than we do in Europe. Who puts a chicken in a can

I'm glad I'm vegan, but even if I wasn't, there is no way I would eat a chicken in a can washed or not!